Tuesday 25 October 2011

We All Need Music

Okay I'm cheating here. It's 1:16 AM now but I'm writing in the context of 11.45 yesterday. Cause yes that was my plan of blogging but it apparently failed so too bad! Anyway I need to blog about today cause... I just went to SPCO concert! Qixin and Leslie were playing in the concert so I went to support there with Ahpa, Ms Yulia, Rachelle, Yingsin, Huijun, Chloe and Chongying! :D

It was my first "official" CO concert cause the past CO concerts I went to were like combined concert with band, choir etc. Now is just purely CO! So it's pretty awesome. Two hours of wholesome CO music! Woo la la haha. It's really nice though, I enjoyed almost all of the songs. I particularly love the Zhong Ruan solo piece, and the terracotta fantasia too. Almost all of the songs basically! Really awesome...

That's the thing about me. I might be a band member, someone who loves classical music, post-rock, contemporary classic and instrumental songs, but I still do enjoy listening to CO songs. And watching CO performances. I remember the first CO song that I fell in love with was "Dance of the Yao people". It was so beautiful and I was really mesmerised by it. It's played by NYJC CO by the way, when I was in P5 (that's like 7 years ago O.O)

Damn I feel old.

But no worries, being in the band, or the CO, they're both music-making activities which is the main thing that I'm looking for. I've no regrets joining band, even though I really wanted to join CO back when I was in P6. I feel CO songs are more "robust" and colourful as compared to band songs. I guess the different instruments, and the different styles, cultures, histories and stories make western and Chinese music different huh.

Anyway I just want to end this post with something. I think it's a lie for someone to say you can't live without music. Cause in one way or another, we need music in our lives. True? :)

And this is dedicated to someone!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear You

I can see you were pretty emo for the past few days, or during the past few days, or a few days ago. And I hope this song will cheer you up. I'm sorry for there are a few mistake here and there but trust me, this is the best recording I could take after so many tries. It may not be a perfect recording you're looking for, but I do hope it can CARRY YOU up (that's the title of the song in English by the way) and cheer you up from the troubles you have been going through. And sure, lets find one day where you can watch me play live :) See you and enjoy!

 Adhi

No comments: