Wednesday 12 October 2011

Heavenly Road

Hello all! Okay I feel guilty for not blogging, even though I promised that I will blog.Oh well was kinda busy at night doing lots of things like sorting out photos etc. And I just made a video just now :P Very nice, I'll publish it  on a later date hehe.

Anyway so far my days here are alright, just that on Monday I was feeling kinda sick in the afternoon, like a bad stomach ache and nausea feeling, and then I felt sort of feverish in the evening. Somehow this always happens after I ate this bowl of porridge I used to have, like last week. My dad tells me most probably it's cause there's too much MSG inside it. And to someone who is not used to it, your tummy might not be able to accept it and yeah... Voila.

But anyway I'm good now. And I was better on Monday evening. The other two days are fine, but last night was really... Special! Okay it was 3:35 AM in the morning and my dog went missing. So my mum and I went to search for her and... She was at this 2.5m hole down below! Apparently she fell down in the dark. So I just decided to use the ladder, went down, carried her, and went up!

It was my first time saving a life, and it felt really good... It's like the best feeling I've ever felt in my life. Cause if we were not to find her, she would be left there in the cold and she might die! Oh man, she's really lucky. But poor her, she was trembling like mad when I was carrying her. And after she was rescued she was sneezing non stop. Must be really cold huh. Anyway all is well now so yup! So glad she's safe and sound.

And I went to the dentist again today, to get two holes in my teeth filled. You know I think thanks to me being a biomed student, the thought of going to a dentist is more scary than going for blood test -.- I mean seriously! Haha, actually I hate the drilling sound. In fact all the sound that the tools produce. Be it the drill, the cleaning thing or even the air gun thing. Argh haha. But my teeth is good now teehee.

Alright as promised I shall blog about my Inner Mongolia OCIP once more right? :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inner Mongolia OCIP write up #4 - Grasslands

One of the things I love the most from this trip, or from Inner Mongolia itself, is the grasslands. Before the trip, I could already picture myself standing on an empty grassland enjoying the breeze, the wind, the sounds, and most importantly the freedom. Well even though we didn't get to enjoy like just standing alone on the grassland for hours, but I truly enjoy seeing the grasslands. Even though it was from the bus.

There was once where we went to the Yang Pang village, where we took a stroll at a place around the village. Then on the way back to the village, we walked on this empty grassland. It was me, Jesslyn, Junhua and Elijah. While walking alone with Jesslyn, the place was REALLY QUIET. You could hear nothing but the sound of wind blowing, and cows mooing from the distance.

It was really blissful and peaceful. Like as if time stood still while you're walking.

When asked to describe one of the best moments from the trip, I mentioned the above - the silence I had while walking on that grassland in Yang Pan village. And Jesslyn agreed as well. It was really one blissful moment I wish I could relive over and over again. It's so rare to enjoy such feeling right?

I'm making this write up short and sweet. But I just want to tell you, to share with you, how blissful the feeling of enjoying the silence of the grassland. 

It's one thing you can't get to enjoy often.

It's rare.

When the silence within merges with the silence outside, peace is achieved :)

No comments: