Tuesday 29 July 2014

Great music of July

Alright this is just going to be a short post about the great music of July! Here goes :)

Great music of July:
- Wonder by Adventure Club feat The Kite String Tangle
- Fifteen by Goldroom feat Chela
- Hideaway by Kiesza
- She Wants To by Ten2Five feat Ebith Beat A

Wonder is a nice song I found through the trailer of Djakarta Warehouse Project (DWP) 2014! Love how chill and just dreamy the song is, and I love the lyrics too. Fifteen is also a great song from Goldroom featuring Chela, they're coming to Jakarta for WTF2014! And Banks is coming as well... I'm still contemplating whether I should go or not but we'll see! Cause it's a whole-day music festival so yeah, not sure if I can go either.

Hideaway is such a catchy and fun song. Definitely a song I would dance to haha.

As for She Wants To, well it's not a song I discovered by a song I got reunited with! It's a song famous in the 2000s, can't remember which year but yeah it's quite famous in Indonesia. I chanced upon the "mixtape" I made when I was young and I stumbled upon this song again. Now I discovered the rapper, Ebith Beat A is an Indonesian! I thought Ten2Five really collaborated with a French rapper initially heh. This is even cooler, way to go Ebith Beat A!

I kinda realised upon stumbling this mixtape I made... How weird my taste of music is. I mean in that CD alone there's anime OSTs, Tchaikovsky, Coldplay, Ten2Five and Nidji. Like wow didn't know my taste in music is this versatile hah.

Alright that's all for now. Here's to more awesome music discovery in August! :)

No comments: