Thursday 17 July 2014

Twenty two



Today I turned twenty two.

I suppose I feel really thankful that I have went through another year in life, and I must say I went through pretty far. I am thankful that I am given the health and the opportunity to do quite a lot of things in the past one year. And I hope I can go on many more years to come, and learn more things, and do more things of course. Life's too beautiful!

Being twenty two feels pretty normal to me. I mean... I didn't know what to expect either. When I was young I've always wondered how does it feel to be in your twenties. Well here I am now and it feels pretty normal. I kinda realise that as you grow up, especially when you hit your late-tens and twenties, you feel that birthdays become something pretty ordinary. Just another day to commemorate your birth into this world. Perhaps it becomes a time of reflection.

Ever since I entered poly I, spent my birthday contemplating really. Reflecting on the past year, and what I want to achieve in the next, and many more years to come. I think of the purpose of life, because every birthday, or in fact every day, we're just a day closer to death. So I'm thinking of what I want to be, what I want to do in this life. One life of mine.

So today I contemplated. Well still haven't found the answer but I'm hopeful. I'll still hold on to my dreams because I don't know if I can make it through or not, because well no one knows the future really.And only I can make it through, once and for all.

Although today was just an ordinary day, I'm thankful for the company of my aunts and cousins over dinner at the end of this day! But well at the same time I feel pretty sad and shocked to see how much we have all grown up now. The us who once played around are now working or finishing their university studies. The us who once teased about being in love are getting married or engaged soon. Time really flies indeed. We are no longer kids. We're turning to adults.

It's a pretty weird feeling to look at my cousins all grown up now. Feels weird. Perhaps I did not realise how fast time went by. But to be honest, I think I do. Maybe I'm just in denial that we're all grown ups now. Time has to go on, the future has to come and the past got to go. I am accepting it. Nothing stays forever in this world, including our age.

Anyway thank you very much to everyone who has wished me a happy birthday be it through FB, Whatsapp, messages and BBMs, really appreciate that! I had a ordinarily great day, and I am twenty two now. I went though quite a lot in life and I still have a lot to go! Cheers to everyone, here's to an awesome life I'm going to live :)

Happy birthday to me.

No comments: