Saturday 26 July 2014

Standstill

Sorry for not blogging for quite some time now! I've been rather busy with quite a lot of things. Hari Raya is coming in like a day's time, so there was a lot of flower delivery to be done. In fact on Thursday there was a HUGE delivery haha. Never in my life have I done such a big one. It was definitely record breaking. There were a few hiccups here and there, and we can definitely learn from them and make next year's harvest and sorting out a better one.

Can't believe really that Ramadhan is coming to an end. I still remember when it began about a month ago, I was telling myself "Alright we have 29 more days to go!", although I don't fast. Well here we are now, at the end of Ramadhan. Although I'm not a Muslim, Ramadhan and Hari Raya is always something I look forward to every year. I don't know, maybe because I grow up here in my country, that I too enjoy such festivities and holy month.

The thing I love about Hari Raya here is the fact that everything feels like it's coming to a standstill. I feel that when Lebaran is coming, everything begins to slow down and slowly coming to a standstill. Like my dad describes it, it's like where buses enter the terminal and end their service for the day. Although in contrary, outside, everything is busy and bustling as people are doing their last minute shopping, and everyone returning back to their hometowns.

It gives me goosebumps to think that millions of Indonesians are now traveling back to their hometown. They embark on a journey, no matter the distance and the duration, to return home to their family and celebrate Hari Raya together. It's like how the Chinese in China do the same during Chinese new year. This great movement is truly inspiring, and well it gives me a sense of peace and happiness to the people around me, going back home.

Although I too pray for their safety as the embark on their journey home.

It's my second Ramadhan back at home after 11 years. It's good to be back home of course, and well lots of things have happened from the previous Ramadhan. Definitely lots of lessons, and I've learned from them too. I've become a better person, I hope.

Happy last day or Ramadhan people, I hope the past one month has been a great one for you and your family. Prepare for a feast! :)

No comments: