Saturday 5 July 2014

Knowledge is power

Just a really short post today, about something that came across my mind just now.

"Knowledge is power, you can use it to destroy things, or it can destroy you. But you can also let neither happen. That's when your heart plays a role."

I'm sure we all have heard that phrase, that knowledge is power. It is indeed a powerful thing. And we can use it to destroy things. For example, if I'm trained in IT, I can learn some of my programming skills to hack into computers and websites and so on. If I'm trained in self-defence, I can use what I learnt to hurt people right? We can destroy things.

But also, say we're someone who's too "educated". So educated we forgot the existence of our heart. For example, if I'm trained in accounting/business, and I will make sure that I gain as much profit and money as possible, I would make sure that whatever happened, I would gain a lot of money. I would forget people's emotions and hearts and so on, and well one day, I am pretty sure my action will destroy me. Because I no longer have compassion.

I suppose we live in a world where too often, we're told to be "educated" in our minds and brains but not our heart. And I'm afraid, that's the end of humanity.

No comments: