Sunday 27 July 2014

Last day of Ramdhan

It feels so weird that we're on the last day of this holy month. Well it's not weird, just feeling kinda overwhelmed to know how fast time is flying! Today was a beautiful day. Blue skies and puffy clouds. And when the evening came the sound of the Takbiran echoed through the speakers of the mosques around my hometown. Is that time of the year again! One of my favourite times of the year, something which I look forward to each year! :)

It's been a tradition for us to actually drive around my hometown during Hari Raya eve to see how's the city going. This year... It's very different. First of all, instead of my father who's driving, I am the one driving the car around. And this time, there were only two of us, my dad and I. Well my mum and sister were sleeping just now so it's alright.

It's pretty nice driving around my hometown, driving through the streets, listening to the Takbiran from the mosques. And then seeing children and youth hitting the bedug (a drum made out of barrel and animal hide). People doing their last minute shopping and also buying flowers from street vendors. A lot of things stayed the same throughout the year. A great difference I notice is the amount of motorcylists in my hometown. They're increasing definitely.

Lebaran is always a time where I realise how quickly time is flying. I know that every year, the date will be moved 11 days back. So next year Hari Raya would probably fall on the 17th of July. But still, Hari Raya is like a checkpoint for me. Just like new year, where I contemplate where and how I was going to in life. It's a day of contemplation.

Alright I suppose I'll stop here. To those who have fasted throughout this holy month, I hope it has been an incredible month for you and your loved ones. May the next Ramadhan be a greater one for you! :) Selamat Hari Raya Idul Fitri everyone.

No comments: