Thursday 12 February 2015

Departure

Yesterday someone I know quite closely, passed away. It was a shocking news for me. But I know he's leaving us soon. But not this soon. He's a prominent figure in my hometown's temple, a well-known man in the Chinese/Buddhist community, and definitely one of the most selfless person I've met on earth. Friendly, caring, always there to help, and humble. And he's gone now, forever.

He helped us a lot, from my grandmother's funeral, to the weddings of my brother and sister, and much more. And he also taught me something that I treasured a lot, because not many people, not many young people, know this knowledge. And I am very thankful and humbled by his teachings. I will keep it in my heart, and use it to the best of my ability. And heed his words that I should never misuse this, and always be helpful towards others. And I will.

Like I've learned last year through Sogyal Rinpoche's book, that the Tibetan word for body is lu and it means something we leave behind, well... He has left his behind now. But I know, we know, that before he left his body behind, he has helped a lot of people and that is something I am so humbled of him.

Perhaps, just maybe, he is a reincarnation of what Buddhists know as a Bodhisattva. Or maybe, he is on the path to becoming one. In the next life, or maybe the life after next.

It feels kind of sad to know someone whom you know quite closely with has passed away. Especially when you spent some time months before he departed from this world. I still have a few questions for him and what I regretted the most is to not express my gratitude for the lessons he had taught me. Sigh. Regrets really come too late. But I just want him to know that I'm ever so thankful for his guidance, teachings and stories. And how much humbled I am by his actions.

So long and farewell. Thank you for everything that you have done for us, for your lessons to me, and everything else. I'm so glad to have known you and I hope you'll have a safe passage ahead. My prayers are with you. Thank you and goodbye.

:(

No comments: