Thursday 19 February 2015

Happy Chinese New Year of the Goat!

 The cousins

Hello hello, first of all wishing you a happy Chinese New Year! It's the year of the goat now and I hope it'll be a great year for everyone, with great health and successes! :) It's been a pretty gallopy year of the horse last year. Well they say the goat is a very "chill out" animal so it will be less gallopy I suppose? Nevertheless, just don't do bad things in this year. And good things will come to you.

Anyway as usual my family had a reunion. My relatives came over to my hometown yesterday and did some prayers for our ancestors as usual on the eve of the new year. It's good to see all of them again, like one of my cousins whom I've never met for a year! Well times have changed now. Most of my cousins are working now, with a handful still studying. Some of my cousins are also back in my hometown already helping out their parents so we're closer now I suppose.

 Reunion satay <3

At night we had a satay session as usual and oh gosh I ate so much satay. And it's lamb satay so yes, very high is cholesterol hahaha. And then we played some games of charades where it is so so so fun and super hillarious. The way some of my cousins acted the words are just too damn funny! Although we're all grown up now, I suppose we still know how to have fun and that's important.

Today my aunts and cousins have returned back to Jakarta. As there was no one around to receive guests it was my siblings who were on "stand by" hahaha. But hmm, I feel like it's a quieter CNY this time round? There weren't many guests over in the morning and they started coming at like 1 PM so yeah. Usually it's full for the whole day. But I'm kinda thankful about it. If not it'll be quite overwhelming to handle so many guests at once heh. And then in the evening we went to my grandmother's house as usual. This time round my nephew joins us and he simply knows how to make everyone laugh :P

Well it's another CNY come and go. It's a pretty late one I suppose, since there's that leap-month in the horse year. CNY has got to be one of my favourite day of the year because it is when my family all reunite together. And with everyone's ever-growing-busy schedules, it is getting difficult to gather I suppose. So yeah, it's good to see everyone back together again.

Alright that's all for now. Wishing everyone an awesome year of the goat ahead!

恭喜发财,万事如意,身体健康! :)

No comments: