Friday 27 February 2015

Great Music of February

Right so as usual, let's talk about the great music I discovered in this month of February! Can't believe it is ending. February is always a month that to me, seems like it "never happened at all". Although to be honest quite a lot of things happened in this month. Well Chinese New Year is one. Maybe it's because there's too many happenings, that this month seems very quick. Anyways, here goes!

Great Music of February:
- No Enemiesz by Kiesza
- Sound Of A Woman by Kiesza
- So Deep by Kiesza
- Malleable Beings by The Paper Kites
- St Clarity by The Paper Kites
- Young by The Paper Kites
- Such Great Heights (Scott Bradlee & Postmodern Jukebox featuring Kiah Victoria cover)
- Yalang by Groove Agents

Song of the month: Yalang by Groove Agents

Although I discovered Kiesza back in 2014 through her single "Hideaway", I only got the chance to buy her album while I was in Singapore back in January. And just had a proper listen to it. I love her songs, it is pretty upbeat (except for a few) and I just love the beat. Perfect song to nod your head and just release the inner dancer in you. My favourite will be Hideaway by No Enemiesz is awesome too!

Similarly for The Paper Kites, I discovered them back last year too. And I have to thank Candy for helping me get their album from Aussieland! :D Thanks a lot Candy. Hmm I have to say I really love the sounds of The Paper Kites band. I love their songs and I don't know why but they give me a feel good vibe listening to it, especially for "Young". They're working on their new album now and I so can't wait to hear it! I hope they release iTunes, or better, I hope I can find it here.

Such Great Heights is an awesome song by The Postal Service. It is definitely inside my "Great songs of my life" list. I discovered them all the way back in 2007 I think, through my sister. And this song was the first song from them that I listened to. Iron And Wine did a great cover of the song, and I thought they're the only one who can make a justifiable cover of this great song. But Scott Bradlee and Postmodern Jukebox did a great cover too, with the wonderful voice of Kiah Victoria! When they first uploaded their cover on Youtube I just quickly downloaded it. And it was on repeat for days heh.

Yalang by Groove Agents is an awesome chilout song that I discovered accidentally in this compilation album (sorry I forgot which one). A very oriental and Indian feel to it. Perfect song to listen to on a Sunday afternoon in an empty grassland. Well I wish I can do this soon hah.

Alright that's all for the great music of February! Here's to more great music discovery for the rest of the year! Discovered quite a lot of new music in the first two months of 2015. So yep, pretty eager to know what's in store for me in the next coming months. Till then, ciao ciao!

No comments: