Saturday 7 February 2015

Traveling Dreams

I've been having weird, bizarre dreams of traveling for the past 5 days. The weird thing about these dreams is how that in each dream, I am revisiting a place I've been to in real life. I love telling weird stories so here is the chronicle of my weird traveling dreams.

So on Tuesday night I dreamt that I went back to Helsinki again. And just like Inception, my dream began in the middle. I was sitting in this cafe with my brother and sister and when I asked where were we, they answered Helsinki. I was feeling very happy in my dream to be back in that city. And then we had to return back to Indonesia, and we took a direct flight (wow) from the airport which is... Foodcourt 2 in SP. So so bizarre. But we made in back in Jakarta in the end. And I was the one directing the pilots how to land properly because it was their first time.

On Wednesday night I dreamt that I was taking part in this "amazing race" which we had to cycle all the way from Indonesia to NORWAY. I wasn't cycling. In fact I was pushing myself on my moveable chair. It was just a weird dream. But hey I managed to land myself in Norway in 8 hours. And for our first challenge we had to recite a Pashto poem. While I was about to recite them with my team mates, some police from Singapore stopped me because I left my belongings behind. I cried because I thought I was going to miss the challenge and got eliminated. But they let me go and I woke up.

I kinda forgot Thursday night's dream. But it is definitely about Singapore and Johor.

And last night I dreamt that I went back to Iceland! Similarly, I was in the middle of this grassy snowy field with my short pants. And there were a few people beside me and I asked them where we were and one of them was like "Iceland". I was so happy to be back but obviously I was under-dressed. So I decided to go to London first to grab some clothes. And London = my house here. I packed everything inside my backpack and as I was to hop inside my car to go to Iceland, I woke up.

I'm not sure what and where I will be dreaming tonight. I hope I can continue these adventures.

We have a belief here that if you dream of traveling, it just simply means you're tired. And I once read on the net that it is a sign of you going to travel somewhere (I hope!). Well, we're not entirely sure what dreams are. So much mystery of this world left unanswered. Why do we sleep, why do we have dreams when we sleep, and so on and forth. Nevertheless, it's always fun having dreams like these.

No comments: