Monday 2 February 2015

Great music of January

Right, I forgot to do this again at the end of January so... Here it is!

Great Music of January:
- Archie, Marry Me by Alvvays
- Party Police by Alvvays
- Adult Diversion by Alvvays
- B a noBody by Soak
- Blood by Soak
- Sea Creatures by Soak
- Clocktower by Noosa
- Cool Kids by Echosmith

Song of the month: B a noBody by Soak

I discovered Alvvays when I was scrolling through the "Top Bands of 2014" list from a website. I forgot if it was Pitchfork or something else. Well I wish I discovered this band earlier! I really love the feel of their songs... There's a sense of nostalgia and mellow feel to it that I really love, especially for the first two songs above. And I just love their sounds. Looking forward to more of them! :)

As for Soak, I discovered her through BBC's "Top acts to look out in 2015" list and well, she is definitely someone we need to look up for in this year! She's such a talented singer and song writer, and I really love her songs. At such a young age of 16 (correct me if I'm wrong), I think she is really really talented! She just released her single (Sea Creatures) for the new album which will be released in this year and now I seriously can't wait to get her first album! Pretty inspirational.

Thank to Mr Suicide Sheep (apparently people call him Sheepy or Sheep hah) I discovered another great singer called Noosa, from her song "Clocktower". Would love to get her album but apparently it's only available digitally and in vinyl form. So I just got it via iTunes. There is something dreamy about her songs and they kinda remind me of summer arriving from spring. Whoa hahaha.

Cool Kids by Echosmith is a song I found while watching Channel V one day heh. I really love the song, the melody and the chords progression. Though I find the lyric of the chorus kinda weak heh. Nevertheless, once again, they're a band of siblings who are still young! Such talents.

Yup that's all for now. Can't believe we're doing this for the new year now! Let's see what 2015 has in store for me, music wise. Well actually there are lots of my favourite bands who are releasing new albums this year (or maybe not), so yup I'm definitely looking forward to 2015 music! :)

No comments: