Wednesday 30 December 2015

2015 Rewind

It's the second last day of the year, and it's time to do a rewind! Just a look back on the memorable and awesome things that happened in this year. Whew, 2015 is coming to an end real soon. It is the fastest year I've ever been in. Oh well, here goes! In chronological order that is. 

We've both grown up :P

My cousin got married back in January and it is definitely a memorable trip to Pekanbaru with my family! This cousin of mine whom I once spent a lot of time playing with together (with my cousins and sister) is married now! She just gave birth to a beautiful baby girl as well, who is such a cute baby haha. Somehow this trip is a reminder for me again, that time is flying so quickly.

My cheeky nephew on his birth day this year!

My cheeky nephew turned one in January as well! Seeing him grown from day 0 up till now is kind of an amazing journey. It's the first time in my life that I'm close with a baby and where I watch him grow. He's a cheeky and naughty (almost 2 year old) boy who has learned how to walk and is now uttering words (in a very cute way). Can't wait to see him grown up! He's attending playgroup next year. 

Cap go meh

Cap Go Meh (or Ji-it meh) was also another memorable day for me. It was my first time attending this procession in a very very long time. It's pretty heart warming to see the spirit of the community in this day. People carrying the deities' sedan, taking turns to carry and so on. Makes me really proud to be someone who comes from this humble town. Looking forward to next year's procession! 

Record Store Day 2015!

Another memorable event was Record Store Day 2015! It's my first RSD and I loved it. Seeing people, who like me, share the passion and belief that music still needs a physical manifestation, gather together in this event felt really awesome. I'm proud to discover such a community in my country, and I will definitely go for each RSD from now onwards! Especially since I own a vinyl player now hah.

You dream of a place that you can never see

My trip to Australia, AKA my project wanderlust 2015, is definitely a highlight of the year! My goal in life is to set my feet on every continent of this world. I've been wanting to go to Aussie and I'm glad I did! Although to be honest I wish I can stay longer there. Nevertheless, special thanks again to Candy, Vithya and Yiyin for being awesome hosts in Brisbane! And to Jesslyn and Candy for being wonderful travel partner in my Melbourne leg of the journey. I will never forget our trip to the Great Ocean Road. 

WSATCC Konser Di Cikini

Unlike 2014, I didn't manage to attend lots of gigs. In fact I only went to one, which is White Shoes and The Couples Company konser di Cikini. Which was definitely a night I will remember for life. I've been wanting to go for their concert and I'm glad that I booked the ticket way before the concert cause it was sold out very quickly haha. They are definitely my favourite Indonesian band. And I hope they will release a new album soon or something. Hoping to catch them live again as well! 

Thanks for coming lovelies!

Having Brenda and Jeslyn came over to my hometown for a weekend back in November was definitely a memorable weekend of the year too! Trekking to Curug Cibereum is definitely my adventure of the year. It's so exciting, exhilirating and... Tiring. A beat freaky too especially when we found out the stream we were suppose to cross became uncrossable haha. Thank you for spending your weekend with me, in my humble hometown! I hope we can travel together again some day :D

Officially the unmarried child of the family HAHA

Last but not least, my sister's wedding is also another memorable day of the year. A tad sad too, knowing this sister of mine whom I've spent a lot of time with is now a married lady. But well, life goes on! A bit stressed out as well cause it means that I'm the only unmarried child of the family haha. And everyone's asking "when is your turn". Oh dear, I'll reply them, kapan kapan! (Someday)

Yup these are some of the awesome things that happened in 2015. I'm sure there are more happy and great things that happened but these are the major ones. Business wise, we're doing well in this year as compared to 2014. Lots of improvements, and also I did achieve my resolution which was to tidy up the documentation and readings of the sales and stuff. I still think that I have room for improvements and I will always try to get better and better in the coming year! 

There's no other way to go but uuuuppppp!

My meditation is doing well in this year too. I'm going to try and improve my meditation sessions everyday next year. I don't know why but I still feel that I'm lacking something heh. I will never stop this practice of mine. It has helped me a lot and I definitely one to have its benefits envelope my life and make me a better person. Do try meditation if you can alright! It helps a lot for me. 

Alright I guess that's all for this post. I'm going to blog on another post about my thoughts and feelings I have about this year, and my hopes and aspirations for the next! See ya :)

No comments: