Sunday 20 December 2015

A Head Full of Dreams

 The wonderful albums I've been collecting for the past 10 years

So on Thursday, I received my copy of Coldplay's latest album A Head Full of Dreams! I know this sounds crazy buy I actually bought three copies of it HAHAHA. Okay here goes the story. I pre-ordered my album via their online store and it was delivered and stuff, but when I checked the status it reads "bad address, package sent back to centre" and then it reads again "package en route to delivery". 

I'm not sure what's that supposed to mean. But last week I found out that the guy whom I always buy my music from was selling the album. I couldn't wait to listen to the album so guess what. I bought it! As for the third copy, I bought another CD from the Coldplay fanbase here in Indonesia, which includes T-Shirt and some other goodies. So yep. I have 3 copies (2 coming soon) mwahaha. Don't worry I'm giving one for my cousin Febi, who's a Coldplay fans as well. The other copy... Maybe to someone.

I gave the album a proper listen on Thursday night and I really love the album. I've been watching videos where Chris was talking about the album. After giving it a proper listen, I think the album delivers what the band wants to album to deliver. About not giving up, about being happy (and thankful) of being alive. At the end of my first listen, I felt happy, blissful and energised. It's such a wonderful album!

Although well... I wouldn't say this is the best album from them. I still feel A Rush of Blood To The Head is their best album, followed by Mylo Xyloto. But from all of their albums, AHFOD gave me a feeling I never felt before from their previous albums. Well to me Coldplay songs gave me this indescribable feeling. Bliss is how I would describe it. Although the song is a sad song, or a happy song, Coldplay has the ability to give me a feeling of bliss in their songs. I don't know how to describe it.

I've known Coldplay for ten years now. I remember the first song that I listened to was "Clocks". It was after PSLE and I would go to my cousin's house to play my late aunt's keyboard. One day my sister cam and let me hear Clocks and asked if I can play it on the piano. Well after a few tries of playing by ears, I found the melodies and played them. Then I asked my sister what song is that, and who's the singer. That's how my Coldplay journey began. From then on, I've been following them!

Although by the time I discovered them, they have already released 3 albums. I bought them one by one across the years. And then they released Viva La Vida and I was so excited. I love that album a lot. I remember first listening to the song on 98.7 FM in Singapore and I was like "OMG it's Coldplay!!" and the next weekend, I bought their album haha. And Viva La Vida accompanied me throughout the end of my sec 3 life, and dragged across the middle of 2009 I think.

Coldplay has accompanied me throughout the past ten years of my life. And their songs have soundtracked some of my life's great moments. Just to name a few, Viva La Vida was my studying music in sec 3 and 4 haha. I listened to Paradise a lot when I was training for my Mt K trip, and also during the trip itself. And also Paradise has always been my running song. For a lot of my races in 2012. A Sky Full of Stars would remind me of my Iceland trip as it was playing everywhere back then.

I can see their latest album soundtracking awesome moments of my future life as well. This album gives me lots of hope! Well one of my life's to-do list is to catch them live. They're going for a tour next year and I am really hoping and praying that they will come to Indonesia. We have a lot of Coldplay fans here. I really hope that we'll be able to see them live here! If not at least come to Singapore.

Well here's a cheer to (in my opinion) the greatest band of our generation. Who accompanied me throughout the past ten years of my life, and soundtracked some of my life's great moments.

Thank you Coldplay.

No comments: