Thursday 10 December 2015

Million Years Ago

 25

Right, moving on to talk about how I feel about Adele's new album, 25! :)

I discovered Adele back in 2011. After her hit-song "Rolling In The Deep". I've never heard of her before this but I definitely have heard of her when I found out that she's the singer of "Chasing Pavements". Cause I remember listening to that song while studying for O Levels back in 2009 in radio. So I was like oh so this is Adele heh. I really fell in love with her voice. She has such a strong vocal and I just love her personality as well. So I went ahead to buy her albums 19 and 21.

I really love 19 and to be honest I think 19 is a better album than 21. I truly admire and love how simplistic and honest 19 is. Especially the song "Hometown Glory", which to me is still the best song that she has written and sang. 21 is also a fantastic album, and I think it's a pretty honest album too. Especially after reading her stories about her previous relationship. And when she explains about the story behind "Someone Like You" in her Royal Albert Hall concert. It's so heartbreaking :(

That's why Adele songs have the ability to remind you of the ex you never had before HAHAHA.

After going on a hiatus after Skyfall, I do read on the internet that she was working on an album which is due to be released this year. And then there was no news about it. So I thought well maybe it's gonna be postponed to next year. But then on one fine evening I saw OneRepublic tweeted "Adele :)" and I went nuts haha. Then I saw Buzzfeed showing a link about Adele giving a preview of her new song through a mysterious clip on X Factor in the UK. I clicked on it and.... Felt heartbroken.

Heartbroken not because it's a horrible song, but because the first few words from her single "Hello" is so heartbreaking oh man. But days after that she announced the new single, when the album is going to be released, and notes about her album. And I was so excited to give it a listen. Because I feel I am going to feel connected about the album. And well, I felt such a way.

I remember the first time I gave the album a full listen I was just in awe. By the words from the lyrics, the melodies and everything. Especially the song "Million Years Ago", which when I first heard its preview, felt that it was kind of a weak song? I was expecting it to give a feel-ride in the same fashion as Hometown Glory. But it was accompanied with a very subtle guitar ballad. But no, the words! The words are so true, the words just stabbed my heart haha. It is definitely one of my favourites.

I also love "When We Were Young". A song which she co-wrote with Tobias Jesso Jr. I can definitely "hear" him in this song heh. I really love how wonderfully crafted the lyric of the song is... Like you look like a movie, you sound like a song and the chorus let me photograph you in this light in case it is the last time that we might be exactly like we were. Beautiful aren't they?

My favourite songs from the album are: Million Years Ago, Water Under The Bridge, River Lea, When We Were Young, Love In The Dark and of course, Hello. But overall, I think 25 is a great album. Probably her best album. But so far no songs have taken the position of Hometown Glory :P

Alright that's all from me now! I am still waiting (very) patiently for my Coldplay album to arrive. It should arrive next week or the following week. It's okay, worth the wait I suppose. And oh, my order of Szymon's Tigersapp vinyl has arrived yesterday too! It's so beautiful. But uhh I need to get myself a vinyl player first hahaha. Well yes I've decided to start collecting vinyl now! But unlike CDs, I'm just going to buy vinyls of album that I really really feel a deep connection and have a deep love for. 

Brenda has also bought for me Chvrches' EOE vinyl for my birthday present. I can't wait to play both! :D

Alrighty see you again! I hope you enjoy these albums as much as I did too :)

No comments: