Monday 14 December 2015

Catching Up

It's been a very rainy December so far. Like it literally rained every single day over here. It was bright and sunny yesterday when I woke up. But 30 minutes later, the sky was a sexy 50 shades of grey and then it just rained again. Well, we're in December. There's nothing I can do with this yearly phenomenon. At least we're still with nature where December is a rainy season. After all, it didn't rain for almost 6 months here. It's been a crazy El Nino year for us here. Hopefully it will never repeat.

Well when it didn't rain for months, people are fighting for water here. Thankfully we have enough water where we could share with the surrounding people. Now that it rained everyday, it's pretty stressful too cause the flowers take longer time to bloom! I really have a love-hate relationship with the weather.

The rain has been pretty nice sometimes, cause December is one of my favourite times of the year. The rain definitely adds to the mood to contemplate. To think about life, and everything else I didn't have the chance to think of because well, life happened. Somehow time seems to move slower, and our mind seems to grow wider in December. I am able to think of a lot of things, somehow. 

2015 has been a very weird year for me. In a neutral way. I suppose it's just a year where I am in an age of growing up. Like I am no longer a "kid" and not an adult yet. So things have been feeling weird somehow. I like to take it that life is catching up on me. Sometimes I feel that when we're young, when we're still in school, we're somehow ahead of life. Because we study for the future (right?). And we don't really come back to the present moment. Basically, to the present life.

I mean when we're studying, say for a test, we study for the test so that we can do well for the test which will add up to our GPA and help us move forward to the next semester. So in a way we're not really "studying" for the present moment. We're in a constant move to move forward. And it seems like we're always ahead of life. We study hard for the future, to chase our dreams, to land in our dream job.

I suppose when we leave school and start working, life forces you to be in the moment? Like there's no way you can "work" for tomorrow because on a daily basis, lots of things happened that make us stay in the present moment. A bad colleague that ruined our day, scoldings from our boss, when things don't work out, etc. Or maybe we have a successful meeting, a great client deal, and so on. All of these things, will be brought back to our home. And we'll deal it the next day. Not the next semester.

So you can say that the "nearest future" when we're working, is tomorrow. The next day from today. Or maybe next week. I suppose one day, life will catch up on all of us. When it does, you better be ready for it. It won't let you run away from it anymore. You either walk with it, or slow down, so that you can walk with them again. It's not a bad thing. Sometimes we just forget about life for too long.

No comments: