Tuesday 29 December 2015

Great Music of 2015

It's the end of the year once again, and just like last year I'm going to share with you the awesome music I've discovered in this year! I must say that 2015 is kind of a great year for music? Lots of wonderful albums, and I also discovered lots of great bands and artists in 2015. 

Hmm I don't even know where to start. Okay lets begin with the list of artists/bands I discovered in this year. This is quite a long list but here goes! In no particular order.

Great artists/bands discovered:
[] Favela [] Years and Years [] Szymon [] Day Wave [] Hazel English [] Prep [] Oh Wonder 
[] Marco Marche [] Rhye [] Grimes [] A Silent Film [] Woman's Hour [] Stars and Rabbit [] SOAK
[] Mideau [] Say Lou Lou [] Danilla [] Rhodes [] Aquilo [] Yumi Zouma [] Aurora [] Jess Glynne

PS: Sorry for the weird way to list, trying to save space! :P

I want to say a special thank you to YouTube for letting me discover most of these great and talented people! Well I do discovered some from Soundcloud as well. And also thank you to Brenda for introducing Years and Years and Aquilo to me! Cause I really love Years and Years haha. I discovered Oh Wonder last year actually, but only started listening to their monthly-released songs since January.

Alright let's move on to the best albums of the year! Similarly in no particular order

Great albums of 2015:
- How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful by Florence and The Machine
- Before We Forget How to Dream by SOAK
- Beneath The Skin by OMAM
- Oh Wonder by Oh Wonder
- Tigersapp by Chvrches
- Communion by Years and Years
- The Chopin Project by Olafur Arnalds and Alice Sara Ott
- Every Open Eye by Chvrches
- Tigersapp by Szymon
- Dark Sky Islands by Enya
- 25 by Adele
- A Head Full of Dreams by Coldplay
- Artangels by Grimes

Best album of the year: Tigersapp by Szymon and Every Open Eye by Chvrches 

Sorry I have to give it a tie cause I really love both albums hahaha. I just discovered Szymon this year and I truly fell in love with his music right away, when I gave his album a full listen. As for EOE, I'm a huge fan of Chvrches and I really feel that this is a wonderful and beautiful sophomore album from them. They've been teasing us with some songs and when the album came out, boom. I just love their songs from their new album so much! I really hope that I can see them on their next tour live :D

Okay last but not least, here are some of my favourite songs from this year, in no particular order:

Great songs of 2015
[] Easy Yoke by Favela [] White Light and 2Shy by Shura [] Golden by Szymon
[] Clearest Blue by Chvrches [] Cheapest Flight by Prep [] Heart Hope by Oh Wonder
[] Realiti by Grimes [] The Brae by Yumi Zouma [] Sea Creatures by Soak
[] When We Were Young by Adele [] A Head Full of Dreams by Coldplay [] King by Y&Y
[] Diamonds On The Water by Enya [] Runaway by Aurora [] Senja dan Mentari by Marco Marche
[] Drag by Day Wave [] It's Not Real by Hazel English [] Hold my Hand by Jess Glynne

Best song of the year: White Light by Shura 

Okay I actually discovered more music and artists than the list above. But if I were to list down everything err it's gonna take a very long time and I'm very lazy hahaha. But anyway if there's one song that's been in my playlist most of the time in this year, it would be Shura's White Light! Although it was released in July, I've been spamming this song on Soundcloud and Youtube haha. I am so excited for 2016 cause Shura's going to release her album! Not sure when, but I will wait for you~ Oh and Aurora is releasing her debut album as well, which I've preordered! Can't wait for it :D

Yup so this is my list of music discovery in this year! Feeling really awesome because I have discovered lots of music in this year hehe. Awesome, great music! I am excited and eager to discover more music in the coming new year! And trust me, YouTube is an awesome place to discover music really. Anyway I'm excited for a few bands/artists whom I think are going to release their new album next year! Like Empire of The Sun, One Republic and Low Roar.

And perhaps some new material from Sigur Ros.

Alright that's all for now. Thank you 2015 for the beautiful music, I'm ready for more in 2016! :)

I really can't, and don't want to imagine what my life would be without music.

No comments: