Sunday 15 October 2017

Anger

Hello, sorry for not blogging the past week. Not gonna lie but the past two weeks felt very different. No idea why, it just felt weird. Been pondering about a lot of things, and reflecting on them as well. More particularly, it's about anger. And how I refuse to associate myself with it.

Well to me I just refuse to solve problems with anger. There are a lot of times where we feel obligated to be angry at people. Especially when there are problems. I used to think that yes, it's "natural" for us to do that. And that it's alright to feel this way because it's just how things work. There's a problem, we get angry and through this anger and "stern-ness", we can solve the problem.

Sure, that's the easy way to describe and feel things. But as I grow older, and also through meditation and lots of Buddhism books, I feel different about it. There are other ways in which we can solve problems without feeling angry. I am pretty sure that we can solve these problems without anger. Just solve the problems. That's all, no anger, no frustration, nothing.

It sounds very simple, yup I know. It is very difficult to practice this. But to me, I come to a wonderful realisation about this about 3 years ago. I realised that like whatever (negative) feelings we feel when facing a situation won't do anything to improve, let alone solve the situation. It just adds a lot of unnecessary feelings and sufferings. So yup, since that day I try to calm myself and just focus on the problem, instead of how to make it worst. And stop adding unnecessary spices.

The problem with us is that the only "person" who justifies our feelings is actually our own ego. We know that like hey, you don't have to be angry to solve this problem. But out ego will say otherwise, and thus we become angry. Once we kill our own ego, we will be able to live a blissful life I guess? Like a quote I once come across with, kill your ego and you'll live forever.

All in all, I always remind myself that I only have 24 hours in a day. And not only must we think and plan of the things we want to do in these 24 hours, we must also ask ourselves, what do we want to feel. Do we want to fill a few hours of this day with anger? Hmm doubt so right.

No comments: