Sunday 29 October 2017

I Only Tell The Truth


"Nobody likes the truth, because we live in a world where we create our own versions of it"

I came up with this thought a few weeks back, after kinda realising how much the things that people "believe" are pretty much made up by their thoughts. Okay I'm not talking about religions and philosophies but more of people's daily beliefs and perceptions.

I once read a short writing about how the world we live in are nothing but the projections of our minds. I'm not exactly sure about this statement because it's a pretty "huge" statement to say. The world? That's pretty huge isn't it. Maybe more of our thoughts right?

When I was young I got a quote from a movie (I forgot the title!) but it says something like "People believe in whatever they want to believe in". This quote stays within me till now, because I encounter a lot of times where this statement is pretty true, through people's interactions.

There are a lot of times when I talk to people and share with them about my opinions and beliefs, only to be "attacked" back to say that I'm wrong. Without giving me a proper listen, or time to at least digest my thoughts. Sometimes I tell them the truth, what really happened and so on. But they just wouldn't listen, and dismiss me right away. But such is life.

One of my favourite lyrics from a song, comes from "The Mother We Share" by Chvrches. It says "Cause if I told the truth, I will always be free". And this is what I really feel. I just tell the truth to people. And whatever, and however they react to this, it's really up to them. But I feel free because I've told everyone the truth, and I have nothing else to hide.

Which makes me wonder how easy and wonderful life will be if we can all just do that. To just simply tell the truth without caring what other people think.

But then I'll come back to where this post begins - how some (or most) people would just dismiss the truth. And why would they do that? Because they hold on to their own "version" of it. How the "truth" should be like. It's kind of sharing the same frequency as you. If they do, that's good but if they don't, that's when life gets pretty pretty interesting.

If only telling the truth, is as easy as keeping a facade.

But then sometimes it's tough to keep a facade too.

Perhaps we're all fated to pretend.

No comments: