Tuesday 31 October 2017

Summer Days

Summer days are obviously long gone, now that it's almost raining everyday hah. Anyway time to talk about the great music I discovered in this kinda gloomy month of October!

Great Music of October:
- Apocalypse by Cigarettes After Sex
- Affection by Cigarettes After Sex
- 13 Beaches by Lana Del Rey
- White Mustang by Lana Del Rey
- Summer Days by Rhye (Roosevelt Remix)
- Willowbank by Yumi Zouma (Album)

Great Song of October: Depths Pt 2 by Yumi Zouma

Okay yes I know the albums from Cigarettes After Sex (CAS) and Lana Del Rey were released way earlier in the year. Like I said last month I actually ordered them back in August! They were supposed to arrive in end of September I think but I actually just received them like in early October heh. So late. Not sure why, this is the first time it happened to an Amazon order!

Anyway I discovered CAS earlier in August I think cause they had a concert in Jakarta! I was scrolling through instagram when Ismaya took a video of their live performance in their Insta story. And I really love the songs. So I checked them out and fell in love. Although I'm still a virgin and that I don't smoke, their songs really feel like Cigarettes After Sex haha.

I actually enjoy Lana's new album, unlike her previous "Honeymoon". Which was an album that I really couldn't "connect" with? Not sure how to explain it haha. But Lust For Life is really a good album I suppose. It reminds me of her first few albums. Some of my favourite songs from the album is Love, Lust For Life (not a huge fan of the lyrics tho) and White Mustang!

Rhye released a few new songs in the last few months and Summer Days is one of them! I just discovered that Roosevelt did a remix to one of his songs, Summer Days, and it's such an awesome song and remix! Looking forward to a new album from him soon hopefully.

Last but not least I just received Yumi Zouma's new album today! Was so concerned that they won't arrive cause it actually got shipped on 25th September, and arrived in Indonesia in 12 October actually. Then the status just got stuck at "Arrived in customs" since 16th October. So yeah I was afraid that I'm gonna lose it but nope! It's here today weee.

I really really love this album from them. I think it's a great follow up from their debut, Yoncalla which was released last year. This album was kind of a surprise cause I saw them post on Facebook that they were releasing an album in October and I was like wow! Haha. 2017 just got better. Their dreamy instrumentation and Christie's voice really shape the whole album beautifully. I'd like to describe the album as "having tea on Saturday night". Yep.

Definitely one of my favourite albums of 2017! 

Alright we're left with 2 more months of the year. There isn't much music I look forward to in the end of 2017. There's Sam Smith next week, Bjork in end of November, PREP just posted a photo that they've finished mastering the new EP which will be out soon, First Aid Kit has a new album in January and yup that's about it. Looking forward to more announcements!

No comments: