Sunday 8 October 2017

Mid-Autumn 2011

 Mid-autumn 2011, Duolun, Inner Mongolia.

As promised, I'm gonna blog about my wonderful mid-autumn that I celebrated in Inner Mongolia 6 years ago, with some of the most awesome people that I met in life - my Green Transformers! Yes I actually celebrated mid-autumn in Duolun 6 years ago during my OCIP trip. It was probably the only time in my life where I am celebrating mid-autumn... In Autumn.

I remember that day quite vividly still. If I'm not mistaken it was also the last day of "work" where we finished digging our 1111 holes for our fir trees. The markers (Yong An, Junhua and I) finished marking and we went to help with the digging from lunch onwards. I remembered we finished later than usual, it was around 5 PM I think. Usually we would have headed back to town by this time. But on that day we just finished work. It was also a fine evening. And a chilly one too.

As we were finishing up and packing to go back, I realised the moon was rising over the hills near our work site. I didn't have my camera with me so I actually rushed back to where we put our bags and took my camera, and took the picture above! My camera didn't do justice because the moon was really really huge. Well after all it has just risen. It was definitely the biggest I've seen.

After packing up we took a few more photos to mark the end of our digging process, and we headed back to town. On the way, Mr Kwok told us that he has a surprise for us after dinner. Not sure what the surprise was about. We were asked to go back to our room, wear our shoes and jackets etc and we then walked to the town square nearby the hotel. We're still clueless!

Turned out we were surprised with fireworks! As a way to celebrate Mid-Autumn and also the digging of 1111 holes for our fir trees haha. It was truly a memorable day for me. Definitely a mid-autumn that I will never forget in life. Celebrating it with some of the awesome people that I've crossed paths with in life.

I love my days in Inner Mongolia. And I always miss them. They are really the days where life seems to forget itself. Away from everything, and just living the ordinary, simple life. We went to our work site to work, have lunch under the blue skies, head back to our hotel, went out with our friends for snacks/laundry nearby, went back for dinner, and go to bed. Simple, blissful.

I still hope that we can all one day go back to Duolun to relieve those wonderful days we had. Hopefully the trees are growing pretty well. Hopefully we can grow strong together with them.

No comments: