Tuesday 19 October 2021

596 Days (Part II)


So yeah as mentioned previously, it feels rather weird and good to travel again after 596 days. As mentioned in the previous post, the last time that I ever went out of town was on 29 February 2021. It was for Java Jazz. That's like almost 2 years of not going out of town! Haha.

Well normally I didn't go out of town often either. I only go out of town if there's concerts, or if I'm traveling abroad. Or of course the usual weddings and also business trips. After the pandemic hit I have never went out of town. Out of fear of my health and also yeah you know it. 

The COVID situation in Indonesia has improved a lot in the past few weeks. Cases are decreasing a lot. We still have about 1000 cases everyday (sometimes lower than that). I see many people are traveling again. I think Bali was packed last weekend too. And international travel has resumed on the 14th (albeit with not many international tourists visiting us). Things are kinda looking up. Even though news of a possible 3rd wave is coming in December. I hope we are so totally wrong this time haha.

I think the pandemic has taken a toll on many of us. And yes it's sad to think about the huge negative impact that the tourism sector faced in the past (almost) 2 years. So it's great to see things opening up again. Although at the same time I'm wary of the possibility of a new wave with the eased restrictions and traveling of people. But yes, PCR and antigen tests are still a requirement for travel.

The world has changed a lot in the past 1.75 years. And sometimes I wonder if it'll change forever

Like I mean... I still feel wary somehow of traveling out. And I wonder when will I stop feeling this way? Or will I feel like this forever haha. Oh gosh I hope not. But yep, I am still looking forward to the day we can all travel freely again. I don't mind wearing masks when on the plane. But I hope I can take it off when I'm out of the plane haha. I can't wait to go back to Singapore again to see my friends. It's been almost 2 years since I last went back! I miss SG so much.

Well, here's to the future of traveling. It's a lot to take in sometimes, when you look forward to that day. The world has changed and it will continue to change. But will our love and thirst for travel be changed too? How will we step inside this whole new world soon? Hmm.

No comments: