Monday 18 October 2021

Of Pandemic and Weddings

Right so let me just talk about yesterday's wedding trip to Bandung a bit more!

So yes my cousin Iyo held his wedding reception yesterday. Congratulations to him and Melissa! <3 

The reception was supposed to be held in June. But back in June we had a surge in cases and Bandung was heightened to a red zone (like 2 days before the wedding). So back in June they just held the holy matrimony with their immediate families and the reception was postponed to a later date. Thankfully the COVID situation has improved a lot in the past few weeks and the government allowed (large scale) weddings again back in early October I think.

So I left my hometown at 6 AM ish after fetching my sister and the nephew. It was a rather smooth trip to Bandung with bits of jams here and there. I swear it feels kinda weird to travel again. I mean 596 days of not traveling out of my hometown haha. Reached Bandung at about 9 AM. The nephews reunited and went for a swim while I went to my sister's room to take a really short nap.

Mind you I have not slept a wink on the previous night!

After that the tea ceremony was held at 10:30. I didn't join but I just went down with my aunts, uncle and siblings to see it. After that the ceremony started at 12 PM! Okay health protocols were very tight in the event. Temperature checks, vaccination checks and what I love the most: Social distancing haha. The tables were separated widely so it feels very spacious. Everyone was wearing masks except when we're eating. No handshakes and so on but we could take photos. So it was great!

Also I think they only use like.... 30-50% of the ballroom capacity. There were a lot of space. Like a lot.

The reception ended at 2 PM. We took some photos and we went back to my sister's room to head back home. Before heading back home I took the chance to buy some vegan goodies! 

Okay maybe more of this on another post. #lazyme

Yup I think that's all for that wonderful Sunday! Once again congratulations to my cousin Iyo and Melissa for their wedding reception. Welcome to the Baros united family mwahaha. May you both have a blissful marriage, and all the best for the new chapter ahead!

Alright see you on another post.

No comments: