Saturday 23 October 2021

Saturday

Just another random update post I guess. So as mentioned last week I've been waking up early on Saturday for the Buteyko breathing workshop for the past 7 weeks. Now that I've done the workshop, it feels weird to not wake up early on Saturday haha. But today I still woke up early cause I fell asleep early last night. In fact, my sleeping pattern has been pretty erratic lately. It's not fixed!

On some days I would sleep earlier. Or I would fall asleep unknowingly, earlier hah. On some other days I would sleep at the usual ungodly hours. I thought I was having a new fixed sleeping pattern. But then not really. The problem is I need to wake up early on some days, and on some other days, I don't. So on the latter days, I usually sleep a little later. Perhaps I need to sort out my schedule first hah.

But I must say waking up earlier has its perks, and also downsides. The perks is that I get to do work and at night, I'm left with more free time. The downside is, I have less time to do the things that I usually do at night. Like journaling, surfing through YouTube and even Netflix. 

I mean I could do this in the day/morning. But you know it, it just feels different to do it at night. Perhaps it's because I've been doing this at night. So it feels weird to have a change in scenery/habit. But journaling at night just feels better. It's quiet, it's dark, I feel more "free" to journal and blog at night as compared to the day. Although currently I've been setting aside Saturday night as my journaling nights. That is provided I... Don't fall asleep again haha. Cause I usually do.

Nowadays I even fall asleep while listening to my vinyl records. Which is kinda a good thing? In fact I usually fall asleep to music now. I would play music on the speaker and switch my Spotify to Offline mode (so that the radio won't play) and then just unknowingly fall asleep. 

Alright that's all for this mini sleeping pattern update haha. I will see you again soon.

No comments: