Saturday 7 February 2009

Music

Well today was as I said our SYF sound check today. The day started with our Math focus, everything went well EXCEPT for that stupid fogging which results in Mr Sia's class being uper duper smoky and smelly. And we took like 20-30 mins just to let the guy fog plus let the fog clear the classroom but after that we went as per normal (including the homework too!). Then went for band, which we practised for a while and then headed tp SCH for that sound cehck stuff. I missed SCH, the place we went like 2 years ago, where my heart beat in lightning speed as I entered the hall, and seeing 6 people sitting and giving me that cold gaze that somehow tells "You better play well" kind of look. Well I am SUPER worried of myself, and the band. First of all Jonathan and Jia Hui told me that they couldn't hear the flutes AT ALL. Secondly, I really play terribly. Thirdly, I need to practise. Well, it's not really the matter of practising but more of passion. As I said what's the point of articulating each note PERFECTLY, playing each note PERFECTLY, sound so PERFECTLY when we do this just because "Oh I want to get a silver". If we are passionate, as in REALLY passionate about something, which for me is music of course, getting a gold is like so easy. In band there are 5 things that make a good band. Passion for music, teamwork, proffesionalism (we play like a pro, not just playing for fun, that's whay I mean), enjoyment to music and CONFIDENCE. Mix these 5 together, and what you get is a band that is even higher that a GWH band. First of all, we're a band, so we're a team. Secondly we're musicians, so we should be at least being passionate to what we're playing, we enjoy making and playing music and we show the world how good we are. Thirdly, to be a proffesional, you must be confident at what we're doing right? Alright enough lecture, maybe I should put thi in the band blog hahaha. Okay tonight is a rest night for me, my brain seriously need a break. To Cheryl, cheer up okay, don't freak out. Cause we live and we learn to take one step at a time mwahahaha. Okay see you!

Music is a river, in which our emotions is a boat that's travelling on it, in which the audience is the passengers of the boat. In which we are the tour-guides of the passengers.

No comments: