Thursday 3 February 2011

CNY 2011

Group picture taken during the Eve!
Photography by Self timer mwahaha
One of the best moments of the year :)

Hello peeps! Second post of the day today, shall talk about what happened here during our CNY celebration! Anyway yep lots of things happened. But oh well I feel that this year's CNY is a rather "quiet" and empty one. Not sure why, maybe cause one of aunts actually went back early. Which she usually leave in the afternoon. But anyway let me talk about today.

Woke up early at 9! Haha cause I know my aunt will be leaving, so went to my grandma's house and I went to take pictures. Must take pictures when we're wearing red! Haha, sort of a tradition :P But yep, took lots of pictures and after that my aunt left together with a few of my cousins as she's sending them off first to Bandung. So my house felt sort of "empty" then.

The rest of the afternoon was spent mostly in my grandma's house cause we have lots of visitors. Some family, some just guests and etc. So it was rather "hectic" cause they kept coming :P Sometimes my cousins and I would play cards together though, just to kill time.

In the evening went to my grandma's house for a house visit. Talked there for quite sometimes, there's a nice cake which she was serving haha, yumm. And then when we reached home, my aunt then left for Jakarta. And now... My house is really empty and quiet haha. But well yeah I guess that's all for this year's CNY :/

You know sometimes I really miss my childhood days. When we were young, I know CNY was something really hip and happening. Everyone was happy and we're always looking forward to it. There's always something fun going on in this occasion. Be it games, or "shows" or even more things. Yes we do still look forward to CNYs, but it's just not as hip as it once was.

There's no doubt that childhood days are better than adulthood. As I can see from today, CNY was a bit "dry" and quiet as it once used to be. Not as wonderful as those days when we were young. And definitely not as wonderful as last year's. I remember it was really fun last year though.

But to me, in CNY, it's not the Ang Pao that matters the most during this fetival. But for me, having a family reunion is the best thing of CNY. I think in fact, CNY is the ONLY time that my family gathers together for a celebration. Well even though it's not the WHOLE family, I still treasure the times I had with them during this time of the year.

Alright I guess that's all for today. I'm sort of sleepy right now, I wanna take a nap or something like that first hehe. I'm currently blogging to wait for FB to finish uploading my pictures hoho. See ya then!

No comments: