Friday 11 November 2011

Aches

Where shall we go next?

Phew, it's the third day after Poly50 and my legs are still aching. Somehow, my hands, abdomen and chest area too heh. Perhaps it's because of the fact that I went for my KK training yesterday as well. 3 sets of 40 storey climbing! Oh gosh it felt so awesome haha. First time ever in my life that I've climbed such high storeys. But it's worth everything I guess. Pain is temporary, glory is forever! :)

Anyway yesterday was alright. Biostat got cancelled so Kai, Candy and I decided to go hunt for our trekking shoes. We went to Velocity but no shoe sizes for us. We then went to Toa Payoh! Thankfully I got it. Yayness for 30% discount! From 139 --> 83 ouyeah haha. Bought the base layer as well. There was a promotion too! Wee :) Good day to shop I guess.

I'm just left with a few more things and I'm ready (equipment wise) for the trip heh. Went back to school for the training. Was expecting myself to stop halfway cause I would feel tired. Well, I didn't! So proud of that haha. Even though yeah I sweat like a freaking pig. I guess I really do have excessive sweat glands heh. We also did sets of push ups and crunches in between the climbs.

I've got this awesome feeling about the trip, I think my team mates are awesome haha. We support each other and we're one bunch of fun-loving people. Sometimes when we're surrounded by awesome people, the hardest things in life will feel like a breeze. One, cause of the positive energy we're drawing and two, cause of the fun which takes away our fatigue.

Can't wait for my KK trip, I want to prove myself wrong again :)

Climbing a mountain is one thing I want to do before I die. I'm young, and considered "fit" so I think it's one opportunity of a lifetime for me to fulfil my wish. What's life without challenges? And yep, it's all in the mind I guess. If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Anyway I came up with this today:

"The mind speaks louder than the body, as the heart speaks louder than the mind, just as action speaks louder than words"


Well basically, there are times in life when things go "mind over body". We might be limited by the boundaries of our body. But our mind doesn't have one. It can travel to the ends of the world while our body remains at the other end. Just like the mind, when we leave our hearts at home and go to a place. Then somehow we don't really belong to the place.

Wow I just wrote the above paragraph?! :O

Anyway yeah, that's the thing heh. Mr Helmi told us how our mind would "play" with us when we're reaching the submit. So well, I'm telling myself everyday that I will be reaching the summit, and see the sunrise with my own eyes woots! Haha.

Today was alright I guess, Biostat was cancelled again so I went home to put some stuff down, don't wanna carry my heavy bag for my sports elective in the evening. Met Doreen back in school and we went for our 2nd Sports Elective Fitness Programme! (SEP in short heh). Today we did circuit training! Not bad, quite fun :) And miraculously my aches we gone but... After we left school it's back rawr!

Then met Jolene, Sharon, WQ, Ben and YP for super belated birthday celebration for Sharon and Weilun! Ate at Char Grill bar in Clementi. So cheap and so good! I had this fish and salad which only cost 6.90! Really yummy as well. Then for dessert... YP baked a vanilla-based cake! OMG so freaking yummy, it's so fragrant and soft! Yumz, now I know who I need to look for to ask for baking stuff! Haha! :P

And we all headed home after that :)

This week has been an awesome week. Poly50 was really the highlight! I think highlight of my poly life as well, and my year two. Tomorrow I'm just going to take a break in the day, then do my work at night. Cause 4 days of physical training is no joke! But the feeling after that is simply awesome :) Alright see you soon then! Have a great weekend :D

I've gained some, I've lost some. Music is a part of my life afterall. It's my decision, and I shall bear the consequences. 

No comments: