Tuesday 8 November 2011

Running with happiness

Don't stop running!
When you doubt yourself.
That's when you lose the battle >:)

Okay I actually took the title from The Best Pessimist's song, Walking With Happiness. Oh well I changed it to running because tomorrow is the day! Yes Poly50 day! I've been training for it so tomorrow we shall see our fruits of labour haha. Well I'm sure we can't beat the other awesome teams like CLS etc, but I just want to make this race a run to remember. It's the journey that matters, not the position.

It's our race! So lets just have fun, finish the race, and have a blast of our poly lifetime. For most of my team, this is our first time running for poly50 so not sure if it will be exciting, tough, challenging or fun, but yes let us finish the race and seriously make this race a run, a race to remember! :)

If I'm not wrong, this would be my first race in SP. I've never participated in any sporting event before so this would be my first one! Really hope I can make it, and but yeah, I mean my aim for this event is to simply run the race, finish the race, remember the race. I've learnt from our KK briefing today. To make a decision which you doubt, is already a sign you're brave enough to step out of your comfort zone. So you should be proud!

Anyway yep today we had our KK sharing session by the October team. Had my Napfa run today as well. Damn, failed by 2 minutes. Really hope I can pass. Not hope, but I'm sure I will and I can pass!

Well honestly speaking, I'm kind of "intimidated" by the trip. Well for someone like me, who have low self esteem, seeing the team today, I feel like I'm the fattest and most unfit guy there. The others look so lean and buff! I'm just... Some "big" guy there. And after hearing the sharing session by the October team, about how tough the condition there can be... I was a bit scared.

BUT.

Then again, I tell myself. It's not the mountain you conquer, but yourself. And didn't I always tell myself? That when I doubt myself, that's when I lost my battle. I would like to take this opportunity of climbing Mount Kinabalu as a challenge to myself. I've taken up the challenge, why bothered feeling scared and unsure about yourself? I think it's better to just take the challenge, do it, and finish it!

And yes as shared previously by the October group, the experience will be something of a lifetime. Something that could change my life and something I would remember for eternity. Just like the Inner Mongolian OCIP. It may be an environmental project, but it also taught me things about life. Not just about trees and being green.

That's the thing I guess. Travelling abroad, sometimes, could just give you more experience and teach you things that you cannot learn at whatever place you're at now. Because to me, life is the world undiscovered :)

Poly50 tomorrow! Jia you my GT runners!!! We can do this! Lets make this a run we'll remember! RAWRRRRR

No comments: