Wednesday 9 November 2011

Poly50! GT did it! We did it! I DID IT!

Poly50 2011
DEFINITELY A RUN TO REMEMBER
Thank you so much for your hardwork my awesome GT team! :)


I hereby declare...

That the GT team finished our Poly50 today!


And I don't care which position we get, how fast we ran, if we're slower than other teams, if we are faster, cause  WE HAVE FINISHED THE RACE AND NOTHING CAN CHANGE THAT FACT (Y).


It was a really awesome experience! Definitely a run to remember! :) It was my first Poly50 round, and I think most of our first runs as well. So it was quite challenging and definitely  memorable for all of us. Isn't just so awesome when you do something for the first time, and just simply make this first one an awesome one? And the best part of all is to actually prove myself wrong!

When I entered poly, and saw the event poly50, I told myself straight in the face no, I won't join that as I know I can't do that. I know that we just need to roughly run 5 rounds (AKA 3 KM) but well not really run but sprint. When we decided to join this year's Poly50, I told myself yeah okay lets give it a try. And I've proved myself wrong! An event that I said I can't do, is done by me today! With my awesome team mates! :)

Seriously FABULOUS job to my GT team! We did it! With the fact that not all of us are seasoned runners, and that we have 5 girls in our team, I really feel we have done an awesome job! And to someone who feel she can only run one round, who says so! :D And to someone who looks thin and non-sporty like, well she gave it a try and ran the freaking Poly50! I really feel proud of the two of them! :D

Sometimes it's really not the time and distance that matters, but the will and effort and MINDSET we put in. Last night I was feeling really jittery about Poly50. I was thinking what if I'm the last few runners left behind. What if I dragged my team down and we lose. What if, what if, how about, and all those doubts. But hey! I did it and we all did it and we finished the race!

In the first two rounds I was feeling really sick to an extent I wanted to vomit. But I guess after consecutive rounds, I feel more "used" to it and then I can sprint more at some points of the race. It was quite bad, in a sense there are many people running at the same time. I was really scared I will knock onto someone and make he/she fall. Ended up, I'm the one getting knocked by this guy in the downhill part. Thankfully I didn't fall -.- if not the result would be disastrous.

Okay I shall enjoy my muscle aches from today! Do some stretchings before sleep and then KO till morning. I have KK training tomorrow :O Stairs here I come! But seriously, today is one of the happiest days in my life. Looking forward to have sweet dreams tonight! Today was such an awesome day, a day I'll never forget! A day that I'll mark in my heart's calendar :) Nights!

Poly50 2011, definitely a run to remember

No comments: