Friday 4 November 2011

Running

My all time favourite quote that I thought of while running last time.
My mantra for running

My third day of exercising. Whew, I'm pretty tired and shagged, and what's worst is that i'm helping at the Pol-ITE Canoe sprint event at Macritchie for the whole day. I hope I'm not too tired to last the whole event. But definitely going to take tomorrow night. Been really harsh and tiring for the past 3 days. Sure I deserve a break right whew.

Anyway today was alright I guess. It's my first fitness training programme! Signed up with Doreen hehe. The first lesson was alright I guess. It's more of an introduction to the 5 NAPFA stations etc. Hmm I wasn't expecting this. Cause in the description box of SAS, it says this programme teaches you how to exercise properly and how to keep fit properly. Didn't know it's about NAPFA training heh.

But at least we're taught how to do the stations properly and how to train for them. Sadly I couldn't do a single pull up. And do standing broad jump argh. My lap timing was rather horrible too. 2 min 10 seconds! Rawr. Not sure if I can really run within 12 minutes on Tuesday. Wait wait, I can! What's with the thought. Must be positive huh, and must be confident.

Honestly speaking, I'm not really a fan of the track :/ Somehow I run faster when I run ouside (like from my house to HV, or around Pandan Valley, or at the running track). I feel pretty confined to run in the track. Or well perhaps it's just because of the fact that I've been running for the past three days, not forgetting the gymming session as well. My muscles are tired and weary so... Argh, maybe.

Somehow, I love running. I may not be born to be a sportsman after all. But I'm really glad that I'm someone who can enjoy sports. Who enjoy running, and just simply exercising. I don't wanna be a runner too. Just someone who loves running. I know I can't make the commitment of a runner, like run everyday, train my timing etc.

Running to me is kind of similar like walking (even though they're VERY different haha). Just like walking, I get to forget about things while running. I love the feeling of running. Feels like you're free to run, to roam everywhere you want to. Too bad there's no grasslands in Singapore. If there is I would really love to run freely on the grassland. Just run as and where I want to.

Running is just a beautiful form of exercise. We humans are born to roam around the earth. For thousand of years the earlier humans have been walking here and there. Running to catch their food, running to avoid predators. Of course, running has been part of the sporting events. Ultimately, I really enjoy running. Sometimes I don't really care about my timing. I really care about my distance though.

I may be fat, and overweight. Run slower than other people, run slower than girls. But I really enjoy running. Running gives you the freedom to run. Gives you the time to get away from life. It's really one awesome feeling when you run. Feeling of freedom and liberation and at the same time, happiness. And of course, that joyful satisfaction you get after exercising.

Alright I need to sleep already, I have to wake up early tomorrow. Oh dear, hopefully I'll get enough rest and hopefully tomorrow's event will run smoothly! See you all!

Don't run for the sake of running.

No comments: