Friday 19 October 2012

Ignore the world

Well today is Friday. And of course, like everyone else, we're all looking forward to the end of this day as it means we're entering the weekend. 2 days of break, deserving days for all of us. But well life is bittersweet, as much as I look forward to the end of this day, things didn't quite work out at the end of this day. But c'est la vie, I'm going to make the best out of everything of course.

As I once said, if we can find a hundred ways that things can go wrong, I'm sure we can find a thousand ways that things will get better. Right? :)

Anyway today was really a rainy Friday. Back in the beginning of the week I had a plan of going to somewhere to chill after work. Cause I've been wanting some me time somewhere. Gosh come on please, actually I've been telling that to myself for the past 27 weeks and I never got the chance to. So yup, since we cancelled the jamming session for today, I planned to go to Labrador Park to chill and have some great me time. On a nice Friday.

But it was raining back in Dover and I was afraid that it will be raining heavily there too. However the skies were clearing and so I just decided to trust my gut feelings and head there. And when I reached there, it was... Cloudy but not raining! And was even kinda dry, so I suppose it wasn't raining there whew. I walked to the park from the MRT and went to the same spot where I went there back in February. Just to watch the sunset. No one was there, just a few runners.

So I put on my headphones, listen to my favourite songs, and just chill watching the waves crashing by. And also I was just facing the beach. The temperature was really cooling and it was really breezy too. Took some photos, wrote on a piece of paper to pour my feelings out. It was such a pleasant evening. I really love it there, I feel at peace and just calm.

I may look like an idiot there. Someone sitting on the bench alone, listening to song and just facing the beach. But I guess, that's the thing. Doing this just goes to show how much I'm trying to ignore the world, and to not care what people think of me as they pass me by. Sometimes it just feels so good to ignore the world, ignore life and just come back to yourself to enjoy the moment. Not to care about the world, not to care about life. It just feels awesome!

Often in life we can't stop thinking about life. Worried of the future, get trapped by the past, and sometimes, even the present seems troubling for us. So at times, it feels really good no to think about this, just for a while. 30 minutes, one hour, two hours or so on. Not to think about life and just enjoy THE moment. Try it one day, go somewhere out, not your house but somewhere you don't often go. Then bask in the moment and you'll feel it.

Like today, though it was raining the whole day and thunders seem not to stop rolling, and things go sort of haywire here and there. But then, at the end of the day, I somehow manage to make today something enjoyable, something that I'm glad to have done about. And just like life, no matter how bad the day can be, if we manage to make the best out of it, we will get something food at the end of it. It's how we look and how we react to things.

And as I was facing the waves just now, I realised sometimes the waves are big, sometime the waves are small and there are times, when there are no waves. I guess that's like life too. Sometimes in life we pick up momentums, ride the moment and just be on top of our lives. The "up" moments. Then of course there are times when we lose our momentums and we seem to die down, and go slower. The "going down" moments. And lastly there are also times when our lives just feel bad. That's the "down: moments of course. But looking again...

The waves come in different times. Just like life, when we think we have a bad day, do remember is just a moment of our lives. We may seem to be going down, but I'm sure that these moments will be over too. And one day we shall rise again, like the huge waves gaining momentum and crashing in its glorious moments. Just like life, happy times and bad times come and go.

See how much nature has taught me a lot? :)

Alright I guess that's all for now. Well yeah, this week may end quite badly. But I'm sure that I will gain the momentum again and next week will be a great week. A better week.

Good night!

No comments: