Wednesday 31 October 2012

Taboo

 Taboo!

Hello! Today was indeed an awesome day! We finally busked today at FC5 and it was definitely an itneresting and memorable experience. Though there was bits and pieces of screw-ups here and there, I definitely enjoy every moment of it. Playing the ukulele, the flute, singing and so on. Interesting really! And given the chance, I would do it again.

Anyway we went off for busking at about 11 cause we decided to do last minute practice at Moberly. And then suddenly it just RAINED super heavily. Thanks to the rain (and thanks to no shelter from FC3 to the walkway to FC5) we have to detour and make a super long way round to FC5 via T11A, then engineering block and so on.

So we literally braved the rain to go to FC5 for our busking hah.

And when we reached there we were shocked cause no one was there! No setup and so on. I thought the person forget or something like that but turned out she was slightly late. And there was a few surprises like no chair, no mike stand for Kai and so on. But we just have to adapt, whatever happens the show must go on. And we kicked off with Pumped Up Kicks by Foster the People!

Throughout the busking session there was a few hiccups here and there. I was so nervous with hosting the session and I stumble here and there. Repeated so many lines but argh who cares. It's my first time doing this after all. Like for example many people say they can't hear my ukulele as there was something wrong with the mics and so on. Thankfully I pulled off my flute part for Valerie! Whew. And sadly, no recording for that favourite song of mine :/

Somehow I feel I really have no luck with performances (excluding band performance I guess?). Like basically performances that involve singing and playing together. And I have NO LUCK with mics hahaha. I remembered when I was in sec 4, was playing the piano for the international students performance at Tanglin when same thing happened. The mic died. Then it leaves my friend (on the guitar) and I to be unheard. And then this year, history repeats itself.

Well whatever happens, they happens for a reason. Plus it's done now, there's nothing I can do about it. Thankfully there are some people surrounding us, standing near us, so well they can hear my ukulele I hope. And besides, at the end of the day I really enjoyed myself there just now. It always feels good to make music and sharing it with your friends, and anyone else. And it's the first time in my life that I actually perform in public on the ukulele, and singing! Haha. Definitely something I will always remember, definitely something worth remembering.

Anyway I realised, so much for talking about busking, I have yet to introduce who we are!


Presenting Taboo! Yes we called ourselves Taboo haha. There's a story behind it. Anyway yes I'm on the ukulele and flute, Vithya on the guitar and Kai our vocal! We're classmates for 1.5 years already now and we just love making music, jamming occasionally at Moberly or back at Vithya's house haha. And we only started practicing like I think for one month plus only! And yet I think today we pulled off a great performance. So kudos to us!

So well today I ticked off one item from my things-to-do before I graduate list! That is to busk in FC5 haha. And at the same time I fulfilled one item from 2012 resolution as well, that is to be involved in a singing performance! So yup I pretty much enjoyed it hehe. Killed three birds with one stone today! Last but not least I had fun :)

Oh well alright that's all for this wonderful day I suppose. The day I will definitely remember in my SP life. And also, it's the last day of October! My my time flies, it's November tomorrow. Can't believe we're all graduating soon. But well time flies, and time will keep on flowing. So well, treasure the remaining days people! And here's to an awesome November ahead! Full steam ahead! We can do this! (Y) The storm will be over soon.

AND FINALLY I CAN SAY THIS
30 MORE DAYS

No comments: