Sunday 21 October 2012

Real Run 2012!

 Real run 2012 done! :)
[OMG this photo is confusing me thanks to the angle]

Hellow! Today was a great Sunday! Hehe, cause there's Real Run 2012 which I participated in the 10K category, can't believe it's the 5th race of the year for me. Time flies huh, anyway it was really a great run, first time taking part in the run with all the sand and terrains heh. I have a love-hate relationship running on sand now heh, was interestingly tough but okay.

AND I ALMOST BEAT MY PB T_T

So sad when I found out my timing, and actually was happy. Took 71 minutes to run this. I thought my PB was 72 but I forgot that it was actually 70 raawr. Oh well nevermind, improvement from the previous run (Safra 10K) and so yup I'm happy. I really thought that my time would deprove cause I find running on the sand interestingly tough heh. God knows how many times I almost stumbled while running there. I think my technique is wrong. But oh well I survived the run so no complains! :P

Yup so it was an interesting run indeed, first time running on different terrains in a race (usually road/soil) but now it's a mix. Hope I can participate in another real run in the future. I hope. Not sure if this will be the last run before SCMS 21K or... Should I run Run For Hope too? It's on 18/11 and my sister will be here in Singapore. The good thing is that we'll be staying near the city area so it will be near. Bad thing is, surely I'll do lots of walking on 17/11 (and don't forget MD on 16/11) so I might tire my leg a lot. I think by the end of the run I'll go kaboom heh.

Still thinking, but... I have 10 days to decide.

So after the race I took the long ride back to City Hall, falling asleep here and there. I finished the race at like 8 plus, and I realised the shuttle bus service only starts at 9:30! So I waited for about an hour but thankfully the officials let us board the bus earlier (at about 9:15). Then I took the train to City Hall, then transferred to take 7 home. Was feeling so sleepy and tired in the train but on the bus, I'm as fresh as the morning sun. But I KO-ed once I reached home.

After a good 3 hours of sleep I went out to meet Jolene, Sharon and Weilun! To celebrate Weilun's belated birthday haha. Had dinner at Ayer Rajah food market. Boy I miss that place, my Tanglin days and so on. The memories just rushed in. And then Weilun recommended a nice ice cream shop called Ice Cream Frenzy and it's really yummy! The durian one is so heavenly haha. I ate three scoops of avocado, caramel and durian. Sorry, was so hungry since I had no meal since 4 AM in the morning! No appetite after race so I ravaged myself at night.

What a good laugh we all had before another week starts. Phew.

Being the 5th race of the year, I feel really happy haha. Now the "medal rack" on my table has a new addition of medal. Well at the end of the day... Running is not really about the medals. It's about the glory and achievement you get after your training. Though I feel guilty I didn't train much for this,  but well I will still give my best.

Well of course I'm not... A "hardcore" runner. I don't have the discipline to train everyday. Even sometimes sticking to my running-twice-a-week rule is a bit difficult. I just enjoy running you see. The thing about running is that it's an activity where you can forget about life, even though it's just for a little while. That's why when I'm sad or moody, I usually go for a run. The longer the better, cause I can forget about my troubles more.

Just like today's run. Well a few things have been happening for the past week and... Somehow when I run I don't think about all these things at all. Then when the race comes to an end, like when I was queuing up to get my Tshirt and medal... Everything seems like they're coming back. The fact that another week is starting, FYP, work this and that. Which is kind of depressing really. But well life is life, we always move on and life goes on and on right?

So yeah, I guess races are more of the journey and sense of achievement you get. The medals, are just a small token for you to remind you of your hardwork and achievement. In the future, I'll hang these medals in my room cause they will remind me of these races.And also to remind me to always be determined and not give up in life.

Alright I guess that's all for today. Week 28 starting tomorrow! Looking forward to the long weekend at the end of this week heh. Hopefully will make full good use of the long weekend. Alright here's to a too-extraordinary twenty eight! Have a great week everyone :)

Aku pun yakin badai akan berlalu

4 comments:

purpleskies said...

hey adhi! congrats on completing your 5th race~ hope all is going well for your FYP project! Anyways, this week is ending soon and a long weekend awaits hehe

Adhi said...

Hey Syaz! Thank you :D Yup currently doing on my report and we're starting on our presentation! So scary and exciting at the same time. Yup really looking forward to the long weekend haha. You too enjoy ok! Btw, just a tip, if you've the chance to make your ppt, begin preparing too ok! Hehe. Practice makes perfect :)

purpleskies said...

haha omg u guys are preparing for presentation already? :O im still doing my slides, but prolly have to present in the next few weeks.

Adhi said...

Yup but we don't really have a full presentation yet :O Just like intro and so on. It's good to start now, I wanted to start like 2 weeks before the presentation day but Dr Tan was like better start now so yep :O