Sunday 1 August 2010

I Believe in Music

Today was awesome... Cause I just performed at..

I BELIEVE IN MUSIC XVIII!!!

It's an annual concert by SPSB to welcome the year ones into the band. Well the practices (combined ones) was quite hectic due to the short period of time we had. The NBC band had to practice for NBC, so they didn't have that much time to practise with us.

Nevertheless, I still think we did a great job during the concert! Apart from some flaws here and there, the concert was really nice. It was my first school concert, so it was really a great time for me to play in that concert.

And what's even better is that we performed in Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music concert hall! Which is one of the best concert halls in Singapore. And maybe perhaps, in the region. Playing there is like a privilege, a dream for me that comes true. As a musician, I always dream of playing in famous and huge halls.

So... One item from my list of things to do before I die stroked off

Anyway the day went smoothly. Rehearsals and everything was nice. Except the part where Chris and wan forgot to move their files back, so they had to share file with me. And the most embarrassing part is... I dropped half of my clarinet at the end of the concert! That is soooooo embarrassing. I have no idea how it fell as well...

The encore was fun though, and ear deafening, thanks to the trumpets! So nice and creative of the last row people to stand up and play at bar L. I wish we could do that too (the woodwinds and the rest I mean). Would be more fun!

Well it sort of feels sad after I played my major pieces. Like... "That's all?". I wish I could have played more songs. But well I guess that's the thing about musicians. Or in fact, everything. We put in so much efforts, to put the BEST show in that short minute. That's why we xian ku hou tian. Feel the bitterness, then the sweetness

Nevertheless, after all the "things" I've been through during the practices, all that I ever think of while I was playing on that stage just now was that, I'm going to enjoy what I do, and forget about them. After all, didn't I tell myself that I'm just going to enjoy music, and nothing else?

Well, I still sort of feel detached. Nah, what can I do really. Sometimes I can't just be too selfsih as well can I?

Alright I'm feeling really tired right now. Still have to prepare my CRS presentation so see ya then! I love IBM XVIII! :)

The thing about being in a band: We're brought together to be parted

No comments: