Wednesday 1 April 2009

SYF'09!

Prepare for a long post! ;D

Hello people, I'm back from SYF, it's over for us, whew I heaved a huuuuge sigh of relief. Well, we get bronze. I know, I know we suck whatever, but let me tell you this. Real musicians don't bother what award they get, they bother most about the experience, the process of learning and stuff. I gave my best shot, I'm not sure about others but I think they did.

TSMB, you guys did a good job! Especially Overture was played very well. Well I wanna use this moment to apologise for being panicky and missed that whole bar. Very very sorry. But I remembered what Ms Portia say, if you make a mistake, GO ON. And so I pulled myself together and yes, I made it through it all. La Storia wasn't that good towards the end but I feel goosebumps here and there. It's either I play with too much emotion, or the band played with emotions, or both. A bronze is good enough, so long we gave our best shot on the stage just now. And I think we did :)

SYF'09 had taught me lots of things. I see people's true colours, I see how people change drastically because of someone, I see how some people are still so childish and giving us some stupid attitude (please, stop it, we're young adults now hello) and many more. And this SYF, is something interesting for me. I played the flute for this SYF but two years ago I played the clarinet. Being only transferred to flute 7 months ago, SYF is a challenge for me and I wanna apologise to my seniors who hated my tone haha, I know I hate it too. I gave my best shot, and enjoy what I did on stage today. And I feel so proud of ourselves.

Everyone deserve a cheer. Most of us have spent many, many, many hours of practice. The alumni had also taken their time off to teach and assist us. Thank you everyone, and I think we deserve a long break now. To the Sec 4's love you guys, we had put it so much effort and I know how tiring it is. To the sec 2's and 3's, you guys played well so there's no need to cry! (You know who I am referring to). To the sec 1, 2, 3, there's room for improvement, be real musicians and put in effort okay, bring home a silver for the band two years later. You guys can do it!

SYF'09 had made my conquest for music even higher. Today I watched other bands played. Some better than us, some equal to us and some obviously, MUCH BETTER than us. But playing on that stage just made me happy. I'm not sure about others. I guess this is how the power of passion can conquer us. Well SYF is over so which means we have to step down soon. Don't worry, my thirst for music won't stop in secondary school. I still have one dream to fulfill yeah, that I can hopefully fulfill.

Alright that's all for today, what a beautiful day.

And the passion lives on...

No comments: