Sunday 22 May 2011

Sailing FOC 2011 :)

View from topper room @ Poly marina

Hey! So I'm just back from the sailing camp~ It's pretty awesome! finally get to sail again after about one year plus... Even though the wind on the first day wasn't that nice, the wind today was awesomely great. There were some fast winds just now and it was really fast to swim on that wind, cause my boat just went vroom haha.

It was a 2D1N camp, reported at clementi at 9 AM, and we went to poly marina then. My group went for sailing first, then the day 1 games. And after that there were the night games which were really fun as well, especially that not I sir game hahaha. And then lights off! I think this is the first time in my life that I got 8 hours of sleep in a camp -.-

2nd day was more of sailing. But this time roung my group went for the games first, then sailing. Today'was wind was damn nice! I really love it hoho. Was sailing with Wai Tat. So sorry for my really bad sailing skill heh. Sailing in a Pico is so... Unknowingly hard. There were so many times where I didn't feel I was pointing/bearing too much. Hence my direction was all over the place.

We then washed up, recovered and debriefed. I stay a while more to help them wash the power boats, and to clear the topper room. Which after that I went to eat dinner with Zaki at the west coast market. Damn, I ordered $3 of carrot cake, only to realise it's for 2 people :O But I finished it, that's how hungry I am :P

Well I guess I'm joining the sailing club. But no worries I'm not leaving band. Since sailing is on Sunday, hence it won't clash right hehe. Sailing is something really nice. Today the weather was so nice (and hot) and sailing under the wide blue sky was just something I really love. Undescribeable with words... And the wind is (Y) as well.

Honestly speaking I prefer being the crew heh. Well of course I have to learn how to hem one day, and tag etc, but being the crew is quite fun too, handling the jib sheet. I was sailing on a laser 16 yesterday and I enjoy being the crew. And I was sailing a pico today and it was nice too, being the crew. Even though yes being a hem was nicer and more challenging.

My favourite part of today is when there was this huge ship wanting to cut across our area of sailing. Wai Tat quickly changed place with me and we were tagging here and there to move away from the boat. The water was choppy, the wind was strong. There was this sense of excitement and adrenaline which is... Nice! Hahaha.

And another one was when I was sailing and there was this fast wind-moment. I was sailing and the wind was strong, my boat almost flipped to the other side. I didn't hike out, but I bent my body back to balance the boat. And I was travelling at quite a high speed, it's so nice haha. Adrenaline ftw.

But well, with scraped knees, a broken spec, and a very tanned skin, I really enjoyed the camp! I get to sail again and yep. Kind of regretted not joining sailing last year though, which I could have done... But oh well! Too bad I guess.

Alright that's all for today! Lots of work coming up my way (crappp). Lets finish everything and try to sleep as early as possible tonight. Ciao!

The wind, the sea, the blue sky = bliss

No comments: