Wednesday 4 January 2012

2nd day

Taken on the walk home today
With music, under the blue sky
With my, myself and I.
A mind of peace
A soul of bliss

Whew what a tiring 2nd day was today! Anyway wanted to blog about my first day in school but I was caught up with assignment, and I was damn tired, so I ended up no blogging. Damn. But anyway here I am. The first two days were really alright I guess! Today was kinda bad, cause... Well uhh I was mad tired for staying up to do my assignment (my bad) so I was feeling damn sleepy in class. Rawrh. So gonna get a good sleep tonight!

Anyway the first day was really good! It was our first Med Micro (2nd part) lesson with Ms Kwek in Microbiology. My favourite! And so we were given bacterial names and I'm now S.aureus. How awesome :D :D My favourite bacteria! And you can find me in your armpits. And. Nostril. And. That part behind you below you. OKAY moving on anyway yeah it was fun hehe.

Then I went for dinner with my GT team! Even though there were only 6 of us, (Jess, Kwok, Shihui, KH and Azmi) it was really good. I love going dinner with them, talking with them. I guess the bond we had is just so good that it's just... I don't know. "Normal"? To talk to one another despite the fact that our trip ended months ago. That's why I love my GT! :)

Today was great too, despite of the sleepy part :l but anyway after class I went to help out in the SP Open house! Well my course counselling duty is on Fri and Sat but today I'm helping out with the NYAA and LEAP brochure. Quite fun walking around explaining to people about them, but.... Why are they so scared and shy of me? When I approached them they would just run away -.- Am I that scary mwahaha.

But well it was great fun :) Getting to know and interacting with people there :)

But anyway just to share my thoughts (in case any secondary school/O Level graduates pass by my blog, which  will be very rare) why I join SP!

Well I've always told myself that I will go JC when I was in sec 3 but well my mindset changes in sec 4s after talking to a few people about taking the poly route. So I chose to go SP via the DPA way (sorry it's closed no though, but you can go through JPSAE hehe). And well I didn't know what to expect but I really enjoy my life in poly! :)

Not to scare you all but please, get rid of the mindset that poly = slacking! Well alright I have to agree that poly is less stressful than JC (even though I've never experienced a JC life but seeing from my friends....) but we also do work hard. And well, we also play hard! Life in poly is more robust and exciting I suppose. We're given more opportunities and lots of exciting activities lined up for us by the school :)

And plus now, as a research student, I've done so many things that students in JC may not have done before! All the cool gadgets we have in our laboratories enable us to do experiments that have connections with our future workplace. So well poly truly prepares us for the field we're really interested in :)

Not forgetting the aesthetic side, we do have lots of exciting opportunities too! I've been to Inner Mongolia for an OCIP trip (Seriously freaking awesome!). Korea with SP Symphonic Band for an exchange trip (imagine yourself performing overseas! Cool right :D) and To Mount Kinabalu for mountain climbing! (Which I've never thought of myself to do it before, and yes we did it!)

So yup, if you come to SP, be prepared to embark on exciting journeys like these :) Not forgetting the great camps that you can join in with your friends as well.

In SP, it's So Possible! :D

Alright yup so to those who are interested in joining SP for your next level of education, do visit out open house on 5-7 Jan! We have lots of exciting events lined up for you here :) Do pop by the SP Convention Centre for course counselling and the plaza for CCA showcases. See you in SP!

#possiblewithSP

No comments: