Friday 13 January 2012

Journey. Never. Ends

I miss the feeling of being among the clouds
Above the clouds
On top of the world

Everyone seems to have a "bad" day, since it's Friday the 13th. But hey! I had an AWESOME day :D Well okay not the beginning I guess. I woke up late -.- and actually... I don't know. It felt so good to fell asleep and then sleep for 8 hours! First time after sleeping for like 4-5 hours for this week, But it was really good. So what happened was I was waiting for my montage to finish saving (it took so long) and then I remembered clearly, it was 1250! Went to bed to "lay down for a while" and woke up at 9. How sweet.

Anyway yeah I woke up late, rushed to school and then yup, went on with our changed-to-haemotology class and yup! Today's lesson is really interesting cause it's about Leukimia! I'm always interested with cancers. Well not to its negative side but well, I'm just interested about it. Hopefully can learn more things about this :) After class went to HV cause I need to print more photos. I went with Vithya! :D

Went to have lunch at the Mexican restaurant we love to go to (I mean she love to go to and I love to go to, our first time eating there haha!). And yes! What a hearty lunch... I had tacos while she had buritos! Then went to take my photos and went back to SP to meet up with my KK peeps to do the preparation! :) It was really good to meet all of them again :) 

So anyway after meeting some of them in the library, printing the necessary stuff, we went to InnoV to set up the place! Thank you so much to those who were there in helping out the setting up of the place. Really great job, and we worked quick! And when the place was once set up, we prepare the slides, montages etc. Thank you Candy for working hard on the video montage! :D And then it was showtime! Mwahaha

I'm really glad that everyone seems to enjoy the montage! :) Thanks to Sigur Ros as well... Hoppipolla for the summit part is just a BRILLIANT choice :) I got goosebumps when watching it too. And I almost teared cause the music, the photos and the memories are just... Too awesome. Feels like this flood of memories just rushed through me. And it's kind of hard to control it. I guess the trip was really awesome. 

Sigh, couldn't get rid of the regret I had for not taking photos AT the summit itself. And a video. Which I actually planned to do that the night before. But AMS stroke and... Too bad I guess. Hmm perhaps it's just the mountain wanting me to climb Mt Kinabalu again! And this time round with my DSLR hohoho... I will! Hehe :)

And the video montage that Candy did. OMG couldn't control my laughter! It was just too funny. My stomach was hurting at that moment cause of excessive laughing heh. But yeah it was pretty good, watching all of these. It's like as if those moments just happened yesterday. Which in fact it happened... WAIT. OMG it happened one month ago! When we summited Mt K. What a beautiful co-incidence no?

Yup after the sharing and everything, I headed home, smiling. I don't know why. Must be the fun, the memories returned, the time travelled. In a sense, it's also the joy. The triumph and glory we all have for summiting mount K. I was just reflecting back on the way home, how I ended up in the trip. How I ended up in the summit of Mt K when climbing a mountain wasn't in my agenda.

I guess when Lao-tzu says "Every journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step", he really mean it. In many ways, we all embark on a journey. I personally believe that life itself is a journey made out of small journeys. Be it a new job, a new school, a new class, a new trip, a new place. It's all a journey. Like my Mt K trip, it's a journey too. And since every journey begins with a single step, so do our KK journey!

Just ask yourself, while everyone would love to spend their holiday nicely, why would you spend it climbing a mountain? When everyone wants to study for their exams, why would you want to sacrifice precious time for trainings every week? Ask yourself, why do you want to go for this trip. And as for me? I want to challenge myself. And I want to fulfil my life-long dream of climbing a mountain. And to travel around the world.

I might not be a thrill-seeker. Nor a sporty and active person. But I sure am someone who loves to challenge myself. And travelling. Plus climbing a mountain is part of my life's to-do list. So yeah. And make more friends of course! I've been through a few school trips. And I've made great friendships with the people there (GT FTW!) and now I have more friends. Friends whom I've spent those 5 days. Or more than that, together as a team. We have a long way to go. And well, it's just great to have all these people with me :)

And I've of course learnt a lot from the trip, please refer back to my post in December. But well, I sort of thought of something. I truly believe that no journey truly ends. In one way or another, it will continue. Be it the memories you carry, or the lessons you learnt. Or the images you have in your mind, or simply the time you spent that you'll never forget.

Yes. Every journey in my life will never end. Take example my Inner Mongolia OCIP. It's been over for almost... 4 months? But I still remember the moments we have there. And definitely I still meet up with my team. I still apply what I've learnt there. And I still remember what I brought back from there. My secondary school? It's been over for almost 3 years. And I still remember the moments.

In a sense, yes, move on. The journey is over, physically. But it will never be over mentally and psychologically. It's with you all the time :)

Okay sorry for the a bit unclear post. But well yeah. Those are my thoughts. I sure have learnt a lot from this KK trip. And will surely carry what I've learnt with me. I guess the only journey that will end is life itself. But I do hope, my journey will be continued by the lives of others :)

Tarima!

No comments: