Monday 16 January 2012

Monday

If you can think of the smallest things that make you unhappy
What about the small beautiful things that can make you smile?
Have you forgotten about them?
They are there. Sometimes their days are more horrible than us
Cause we don't seem to recognise them when they're in front of us

Well uhh yeah today is Monday! What a great day... Ehh no. Ehh yeah I guess. Kind of a funny day, but at the same time well, it's just another Monday and somehow somewhat everyone seems to get the Monday blues, and yeah including me too. First I woke up late :/ Can't believe I woke up at 850 for a 9 o clock class. Rushed off to school and miraculously reach by 9.13 and thankfully we were just starting as well.

Practical was alright, but I guess we just need to sharpen our... Flowchart and bench top managements. As a result of my carelessness I got pricked twice (it was my fault anyway) and well worth the pain I guess. For the name of science. It's kind of a bad habit that I always assume things. In the science world. NEVER ASSUME. And at the same time, when I double check, people would scold me for not listening.

But anyway as the Chinese Proverb which I found today says:

"Ask a question and appear a fool for five minutes. Don't ask and remain a fool for life"


Meaning? I'd rather double check, get scolding whatever, than get everything wrong. It's the medical world after all, no spot for a single mistake. But well, I just wish... People wouldn't jump into conclusions.

ANYWAY

Okay I'm feeling pretty grumpy today. See? The Monday blues.

So after prac it was lunch and we got the super wrong timing. Went to FC3 and the queues were horrible. Went to FC5 and KFC was awesomely "fast" too. We ended up having 15 minutes for lunch, which I gobbled down all the food and suffer from heartburn and some sort of tummy ache. But pulled through C.chem presentation and lecture.

Next we have Med Micro pre-practical and we got "trolled" by Ms Kwek!!! But same thing, it's our fault for not checking the IC numbers :( Damn you James Lui or Rui or whatever hahaha! And then the long "bad" day was really over. And I met Yisheng to pass him the montage and photo, which Candy joined and we had a good time chatting together. Went to DSD and chatted with Yong An and Clement as well.

But hey! So much for complaining, and well I need to live up to my motto as always - Be grateful in life!

Today's an awesome day, you know why?

Scoldings during C.Chem lesson and Med Micro - as I once said, there's no room for error in the medical world. The scoldings we got today is just a reminder, and a training for us to not repeat these horrible mistakes which can turn lethal and complicated when we're working in the future. Look on the bright side, we'll be more careful next time. Learn from the mistakes we did today!

Long lunch crowd - Well at least I had an enjoyable time queuing up with Syaz and talking with her. And a really hearty meal with my classmate in class. Even though we were rushing, I'm grateful that Mr Ng started the lesson slightly later seeing us still having a little bit of our lunch. And at least we breezed through the lesson and presentation well. Right?

And at the end of the day, I'm given a beautiful sunset by the evening sky :) There's nothing I could wish for is there? So yeah. Today was such an awesome day! :)

You see people, the thing is, we tend to have lots of bad days. And most of the time, it is the small little bad things that make the whole day horrible. But if you have the ability to always look on the bright side and be positive of all the negative things (unless it's really negative, then just forget it), your horrible day is simply a wonderful day. Well I guess it's all in the mind. As I always believe.

So yep people, at the same time, do remember that no matter how horrible your day can be, there are thousands of other people in the world that may be having a more horrible day than yours. Be grateful, be thankful that your day went that way, and not a worst way. Right?

See, I'm being grumpy again. Monday blues!

Alright I guess that's all for now. Need to do some stuff for practical tomorrow. Hopefully tomorrow's practical won't be so hellish as last week's. Remember people, if you can find the reasons why today is such a bad day, it doesn't mean tomorrow won't be an awesome day! :) Nights!

The mind sees what the eyes doesn't see. The heart hears what the ear doesn't hear.

No comments: