Sunday 22 January 2012

Growing

The best thing about CNY is not the ang paos
But how the family gather together

Hello! Finally I got the chance to blog :) I'm now back in my hometown, in my room hehe. Waiting for time to pass by, for the clock to strike 12 and it'll be year of the dragon already! Hehe. Time flies huh, another CNY comes another goes. Well unlike the new year, CNY falls on either February or January. This year it falls on a really fast date. 23rd Jan! :)

Anyway yesterday I took a flight at 9.30AM and reached Jakarta at 1020 I think. The journey back was really good, not many jams and stuff. Reached my hometown at about 330! Met with my cousins and we were making a cake haha. Really fun and nice, proud of our work mwahaha. And then we had a cream fight! Oh my it was really fun, but at times I do feel that I'm old too. Cause doing all these remind me of being young again. And I'm turning 20 soon damn it! :P

Today was alright, we had our prayers as usual, one day before the new year. So lots of food! And sadly I woke up late so didn't get the chance to roll the "gim zhua" AKA hell's bank notes into this flower like shape before it'll be burned. But we had fun playing around and talking and chatting with my aunts and cousins. And we have food of course, one of the best parts of the celebration :P

And in the afternoon the boys went to play futsal! OMG it's been such a long time since I play soccer, let alone futsal, so I feel really "unseasoned"! Haha, well it's kind of obvious that I such at it anyway :P But nevertheless I had fun with all my cousins! Pretty nice :) Nothing beat the joy of playing sports anyway :D Then went to my dad's garden for the evening, it was really cold there but I was enjoying every moment of it. Not really everyday I can enjoy such cold and refreshing weather.

Plus there were... FOOD! No idea why but food there always taste better. Better. Better. Like really better. We ate this glutinous rice with coconut shavings and oncoms (not sure what to call it in English) but really good! Headed to town after that cause some of my cousins have not gotten their CNY shirt yet. Everyone was feeling tired after that already. It's been a long day I guess.

Yup I guess that's all for today! Still waiting for time to fly pass now. We have about one more hour so... Getting pretty excited! Hehe. I wanted to bathe now but I guess I'll just wash my hair. Cause as the belief goes, we can't wash our hair during CNY day right haha. So I'll wash my hair now and then bathe later, even after the clock strikes 12.

Yes that's how superstitious I can be, but that's me! :)

Hope you all had a great CNY eve! :)

No comments: