Saturday 7 January 2012

Give back

This is so worth going up the 40th storey
I'll go the distance, to take a photograph

Today was really an awesome day I guess! It's the 3rd and last day of SP Open House and Vithya and I volunteered at the SPCC as course counsellor! It's my 2nd year doing this, and I wanna do it next year! I guess I just love interacting with people. Weird uh, even though I'm one introvert. But well I just like talking to potential Biomed-ers and their parents :)  

Anyway I volunteered yesterday too. Yesterday was alright I guess, mainly O Level graduates less of parents. And as for today they are mainly parents! And students as well. But well I'm happy to see that the parents are not those "demanding" ones. And they let their children choose the course they want and not really "force" their children to take the course. They even let them explore other courses. 

Met lots of potential Biomed-ers and they're reallu interested in.... RESEARCH! Teehee,  But well some are really interested in cardiac, cause they wanna be those in the fore-front, interacting with patients. Sadly they're turned off by the cut-off point. But I always tell them to have faith, since they don't know their results anyway. And a common question is whether they'll get a placing in medicine. Well sure you will, if you work hard :)

Interestingly, many asked me about my poly experience. Which is really AWESOME! Haha. Told them about our practicals and CCAs, and also the OCIPs and more. And even more interestingly, one asked me if Biomed is a competitive course. How are the people? Well, I always tell them - Don't be afraid. Just do your best in school. Cause for me, I don't come to school to compete but to learn :)

Anyway after CLS duty I went for my LEAP duty with Jingjing, Yuewei and Firman! I was late cause I went for lunch first, sorry guys! :P But it was fun. At least... Well the students are more accommodating than the ones on Wednesday hahaha. They're all interested in the wall and not run away from me when I approached them :P After our duty, we went to McCafe to spend out coupons and have a great chat there :)

What a great day really! :D

Well I guess helping out in school events like SPOH is a way for me to pay back to the school, to return a favour to what the school has done for me. I know you guys will say "Like as if the school fee is not expensive enough" but well, just gratitude I guess. Anyway, I totally see nothing wrong in being a volunteer. And it's not as if I'm being forced to go for the open house.

As for those whom I've talked with today, I do hope my explanation about Biomed is enough! And I hope to see you in April this year :) 

After the open house duty I went to Holland V first to develop my KK photos and my film. It was damn stupid of me to... Somehow somewhat alight one stop before my HV stop -.- not sure why, I was tweeting at that time though and then rushed off, and I was like since when HV has a market in front of the the bus stop and then I went. Right.... But anyway had a great small walk and took some nice photos :)

I then rushed off to Clementi to meet Ade, Jes, MF, WQ and Neal cause I was late. I thought the meeting was at 730 hahaha. Sorry guys! But I went off to the 40th floor first for a quick photo cause the sky was so amazing. No idea why I did that too. Just... I don't know. My mind telling myself to do it. It was good though hehe. The photos turned out wonderful.

We ate zhi char at this coffeeshop at Clementi. And then we went to Starbucks to meet Ahmeng. Damn the Zhi char was damn nice! I love the chicken, so crispy and yummy. And it's kinda cheap! 5 meals of prawn, chicken, fish head curry, veggie and you tiao for 12 bucks each a person! Not bad huh... And it was damn filling as well. Good on the tongue, good on the cash :)

And yeah I guess that's all for this wonderful day. 

Alrighty, that's all for now. Gonna go do my assignments tomorrow! Gosh, I should be doing it but oh well :l we'll see how! See ya all :)

Great first week of 2012!

No comments: