Thursday 7 June 2012

Solo

 T11A under today's glorious morning light

Today marks an important day of my life. Wouldn't say it's significantly important to you but well. To me it is something... Remarkable? Something special and unique haha. Anyway... I'll talk about that later. Let's talk about today first hehe.

Anyway today was a FAST Thursday I guess. Somehow time seems to fly kinda faster. It was rather slow in the morning but as the day progresses, so does the time. Perhaps it was the busy period. Was helping Candy and Kai taking photos of their gels (which I'm so so so so sorry to Candy :(((( ) and then I was moving in and out of my office meeting Dr Tan etc. So yeah. And rushing off in the end to meet Mr Helmi hehe.

But nevertheless it's a great day I guess.

So what's that important event that happened today?

I played my first solo in band!

In 6.5 years of my band life, tonight I finally get to play a solo. Even though it was only 4 bars long, I think it's something significant for me. After all it's my first band solo of my life. How could it not feel significant? Well yes I have to say I was nervous as hell just now but... I will practice hard, that's a promise. Anyway I may not play it at all too, since it's IBM so I should let Ashraf play! :)

But somehow after playing that passage I feel so... Happy, and fuzzy and warm inside. I just couldn't believe that I've finally played a solo. After 6.5 years. I've never played one before so tonight is indeed a special night for me hehe.

I guess now I'm finally able to feel how special and nerve-wrecking it is to play a solo. But at the same time after finishing that passage of four bars I felt accomplished and happy and proud of myself. Mr Chiang was so funny for asking me to smile more when playing. Hahaha I didn't know how my facial expression was while playing just now but apparently I was frowning! Heh. Okay smile more next time.

It is an ultimate dream of mine to play a solo on day. Accompanied by the band... Or well just in a song. Tonight fortifies my wish and my dream and I hope I can work to achieve it. Before time runs out hehe. I just don't have the confidence I guess. And the skill. But oh well, we'll see.

Okay that's all for today. Tomorrow will be an awesome TGIF! :)

Solo...

No comments: