Saturday 30 June 2012

Corrinne May In Concert!

 Caught her on the screen!
With CBD at the background :)

Hello people! Yes I just got back from Corrinne May's concert at the newly opened Gardens By The Bay! Which is Singapore's latest attraction I guess. It's beautiful there! Sadly it was cloudy this evening so it didn't look cohesively nice with the clouds and so on but it's great hehe. I will go back there again with blue skies and so on. One day!

Anyway today was a great day I guess. First thing in the morning I went to take my JLR racepack. And.... Boy I was wrong. I thought "Oh it's the morning it's going to be little people". And yes I ended up queuing for 1 hour. But nevertheless it's fine, just that I made changes to my day's plan. Oh well, what's life without surprises! So I went to meet Vithya after that for a shopping spree at Vivo!

Bought 2 polo T from G2000 (I love sales haha) and yes finally, cause I've been wearing the GT polo tee for like... 9 weeks? -_- and also one new collared shirt and socks from Uniqlo hehe. So yup it was a great retail therapy and I got what I wanted. So all's good~ hehe.

And I rushed home to drop everything at home before I rushed back to meet Weiping at Bayfront for the concert! We took a walk at Gardens by the bay before the concert. Just a glimpse of it. It is a nice and beautiful place for a walk. Really nice. And we entered The Meadow (concert venue) at 5.30 + to get a nice seat but... Well we did get a nice seat but....

When the concert was about to start everyone was standing near the stage and our view got totally blocked. I couldn't see Corrinne May from where I was sitting at the end haha. But thanks to the huge screen beside us we could see her hehe. Anyway before the concert starts we had a good talk about so many things hehe. And time flies and the concert started!

I'm not going into like chronological order of the concert. All in all the concert was so beautiful. I felt so happy for finally having to hear her live! It was truly an amazing experience. The songs that I wished she would play, were played! Oh I love it! Haha. Especially beautiful life which is my favourite song from her. And singing with the audience to "Just what I'm looking for" together was nice too!

It was a nice surprise for her to sing "Fly Away" just now. I love the song. It's a sad sad song but I just love listening to it. And somehow when she was performing that song just now, I could feel a sense of peace and tranquility from the audience. Really lovely I suppose. The effect of music on everyone. I really enjoyed all of her songs just now! But Beautiful Life wills till be my favourite (Y)

And oh Angels In Disguise! That is AWESOME! Thanks Corrinne May! ^^

My love for Corrinne May songs began in a very late period after her albums were released. The first song that I fell in love from her was "Beautiful Seed" which is still a song I often listen to today. Then I bought her albums and boy, I really loved her songs and her voice! So that's when I became a fan of her. And "Song For Singapore" was also nice, another reason why I fell in love with her songs.

I could still remember back in year 1 listening to her songs when I was studying with Bobby, Weiping, Candy and Nivedha. I could vividly remember it. And WP was telling me that she loves Corrine May songs too. And that's why I asked her along to go for the concert :) And then it was "Beautiful Life" which I first heard last year during the Singapore Radio Awards. And then Crooked Lines finally.

There are various reasons why I love her songs. Of course without mention, her voice! To me her songs are very meaningful and inspiring. I watched some of her Youtube videos where she explain and tell us the meaning behind some of the songs and I went "Ahh... I see". To me her songs are just inspiring and they make me happy when I'm down, and they give me morale boost hehe.

And to me I also feel that her songs speak to me. In so many ways. Like "Beautiful Life". I've been listening to that song almost every morning when I go to work. It's just a reminder for me to embrace the day, live my life, and remind myself its beautiful! And "Beautiful Seed" is one song I always listen when I'm down. Beautiful Life too actually.

There are incidences when I felt like crying, I felt sad, and I just feel that life is so tough. But listening to her songs calm me down and somehow they make me feel better in times of bitterness. So well I couldn't say this personally to her, but...

Thank You Corrinne May for your lovely songs!

Silly of me to actually bring her CD to the concert hoping I can meet her and get her signature haha. But well seeing her live, seeing her singing with my own eyes, listening to her with my own ears, LIVE, is enough for me. More than enough. And I get to take a couple of shots too! Yes I know it says photography is not allowed. But everyone is like bringing their DSLRs and cameras and iPhones and so on. And of course, use them to snap photos.

Plus I see no reason why we can't take photos etc. It's just to freeze the moment and keep it for our memories. Cause well this is one concert I'll truly never forget! :) I understand videography. But I think photography is still okay heh.

Alright anyway that' all for today. Today is a day I'll never forget! And oh did I tell you? I did one new year's resolution and stroke one item off from my life's to-do list. Which is to watch a pop concert! :P

Bon nuit!

No comments: