Sunday 10 June 2012

Today was a fine fine day

 So we return to innocence

Today was surely a fine day. Blue skies, no clouds, just... Endless stretch of blue skies. There are no clouds but just blue. Such a pretty weather that I've been wanting to see. Since we've been having so much cloudy days. Though those days will be cooler, a little bit of sun and a little bit of sky always make me happy. They represent freedom to me. Happiness, and joy.

Anyway it's also a great Sunday today. I started the day by going to the temple for the Sunday service. It's somehow a wish of mine to go there. To just go to the temple and go for the service. I've been wanting to do this for quite a while so to go there today made me happy. And it felt good to those chantings once again. Reminded me of my younger days where I would go for religious school on Sundays haha.

Now it's more tech-savy though. We use power-point instead of books. But nevetheless it's great. Chanting, is still a chanting. Plus it's easier and more convenient too.

So from the temple I took the loooong bus ride to Holland V to grab some lunch. It's really yummy. Nasi Lemak once again. And I decided to pop by Starbucks for some latte cause it was empty. Plus the weather made it so nice for me to just chill on a sunny day. And after that, left for the usual grocery shopping and yup that's all for the afternoon.

Went for a short run in the evening, after taking a break 2 weeks after Sundown. It's just meant to be an engine-starter for me. If I don't start running, it will be hard for me to start. So why not start now haha. Plus it's one more month to Jurong Lake Run and I have a personal goal to achieve. I can do this! :) And Run For Cancer is coming in 1.5 months too. 15 KM, lets go! Hehe.

Anyway while on Starbucks today, I was writing my journal there. And somehow I came up with this line. I can't believe I wrote this either:

Sometimes the reason why we're unhappy is not because we don't get what we want. But more of because we kept on searching for the things that make us happy, when the simple things are around us to make us happy. We kept on searching for perfections. Things that our mind make us believe would make us happy. But in reality, they may not necessarily do so. And in reality, there are other things that could make us happy. Simply. They are around us, but we ignore them. Our minds ignore them. The quest of finding happiness is never easy, equipped with our nature especially. Sometimes all we need to do is to stop searching. Look around us, and find it. Create it.

I was inspired by my simple lunch I had just now. It's just a simple meal of nasi lemak and veggies and meat, yet somehow it makes me happy to eat that. Then I guess I realised... I don't need expensive food to keep me happy all the time, if simple ones are adequate to make me happy. So just like in life I guess, we can replace food = things in life. Don't need all the lavish things we all hope to get to make us happy. Simple ones will do!

And today was a fine day. And fine day calls for awesome sunsets. And here is one:


Isn't it so pretty? I surely love the clouds...

And here's another one:

 
Ahh... So beautiful. Perfect way to end this fine day I suppose! And a great way to end my week 8 as well I guess. Alrighty that's all for today. I'm heading for bed. 8 weeks gone, 20 more to go. Here's to an awesome week 9! Bon nuit everyone :D

No comments: