Sunday 3 June 2012

SPSB FOC 2012!

 Sunset on the way back from St John to  main land
A day came to a close. A chapter is coming to a close
too.

Hello all I just got back from this year's band FO Camp and it was awesome! Cause it was held in St John's Island, first time for all of us hehe. Well... Umm obviously, this is my first time running the camp as station masters and a year 3 (you don't say). And I kinda enjoy it heh. Finally get to be in the position of a year 3, of a "senior" haha. It was really fun.

The island itself is nice... Not as "ulu" as I imagined it before I came to the island. I thought it's going to be this super duper empty piece of island with nothing but just a bunk (I even thought we're sleeping like outside) but not really. There are concrete paths, and huts, and the bunks are not bad too. Though not as modern as we would all think. The island is nice - awesome getaway from the bustling city. No concrete jungles just... Let go of the city buzz. And back to nature :)

Anyway enough of the island, on to the camp!

So I was one of the advance team that went to the island earlier on Saturday. There were: Carmen, Janis, Zachary, Jeremy, Hassan, Lixuan, Ridha, Breyann and Kalai. And Tze Yang arrived later hehe. We headed for the 10 AM boat and arrived at about 1030 plus I think. Went to transfer the stuff to the bunk etc and walked around the island to get it familiarise. I love Carmen's instax shot! :D

Welcomed the campers and we proceeded with the flag making and cheer forming etc and podium was held at night! It felt so weird... To just sit down there and think of questions to ask the podium people instead of just... Sitting there heh. But it was nice, I had a great laugh too cause some of the questions (and answers) are really funny!

The next day (today) started with PT. I wanted to run with them but I realised... I'm wearing slippers -.- and I had a bad experience running with slippers. So I decided not to run and to play captain's ball which was later in the morning. So I became a time keeper instead! Lionel and Cheryl, together with the other year 3s were cheering as commentators and we're like having commentator-cum-karaoke session. It was awesome hahaha.

And then lunch followed and station game's finally here! So Asyraf came later and Syazwan, him and I went for the location of our station. It was hot, humid and not so windy but I had a great time chatting with them while waiting for the team to come. But sadly due to some delay I was only able to meet like one group only. As I had to leave early at 430 PM :l so Seng Kiat and I headed back, wash up and went to the pier with the other people who needed to go back early.

AND

We seriously almost missed the LAST boat back to Singapore! We reached the jetty and the boat started moving. So I shouted at the guy and they stopped for us. Whewwww. Oh my Buddha, imagine if the boat really left. We have to take the next boat back which is... Tomorrow. That would be scary. Funny how some of us were talking about missing the boat haha.

So we reached the main land and yeah, headed for our way back. I couldn't join Zachary and the rest for dinner as I need to finish some stuff for tomorrow so I headed back home first. Sorry guys! :/ Hope you guys enjoyed your dinner though hehe.

Yup that's all for this year's camp. I really enjoyed it, it was like a mini getaway for me to the island. Away for just a while but at the end of the day, it was a great weekend spent. My wanted getaway, is finally here :)

Well....

As we were all laughing and giggling away during the podium session, my heart was pinched a little. Just to realise that now we're all year 3s. We were the ones thinking of the questions to ask them. We were once in the podium too 2 years ago, and now we're sitting down looking at our juniors being questioned by US. It just felt weird, sad and funny at the same time.

MD would come in a blink, and there goes my band journey in poly. And perhaps... In a long long long time. So I felt sad and fuzzy at the same time to know that all of this is coming to an end really soon. But at the same time I can't wait for MD too. To perform once again in Esplenade. And to officially "graduate" with the band. Well I have IBM to focus first now.

Let time carry me away to the future. I for I can't carry time to bring me to the future.

No comments: