Wednesday 22 August 2012

Back to work

Hello, yes today is the last day of my leave. It's a 3-day leave but with the weekends, it turned into six. But well yeah I really had a great time for the past 6 days. So great, the six felt like three. But well yes, before I left for Indonesia I told myself I want to have a great time, I want to rejuvenate and I want to take a good break for that 4 days back at home. And sure I did, as I said 4 days seems like a nice duration for a getaway, especially home.

And I returned to Singapore on Monday with my mum, sister, brother and his girlfriend. My mum, sis and I stayed at Marina Bay Sands Hotel! First time staying there and it's so freaking awesome. Though we got a room on the second floor, and... Not much view can be seen. But I love the hotel. Service was great and everything's cool there.

I had a great 3 days in Singapore as well, walking and traveling around with my mum and sister. Shopping, seeing stuff, and eating. I think I ate so much in the last three days I definitely gained some kilos. Oh well I will shed it off haha no worries. Well come to think of it it's been 10 years since my mum and I traveled abroad together. Usually it's her who comes here and visit me. Now, both of us went to Singapore together. And it feels good of course.

And it's been 2 years since she last visited Singapore. Time flies huh, it felt like yesterday. But nevertheless it felt good, the past three days, going out together with her, my sis, brother and his girlfriend. Which is pretty much something I've been wanting to do, since I'm most of the time away from them.

Now that well, I'm going back to work tomorrow, I just feel sad of course. Cause I had such a great time in the past 6 days and now I'm back to work, back to reality I suppose? Haha. Well as I've always believe and tell myself whenever I feel sad to go back to Singapore (be it school or etc) I always tell myself that there's time for everything in life. Time to have fun, time to be serious, time to get to work.

I wished for a short getaway, and my wish is granted. I wished to go back for a while, my wish is granted. So now yup, I can't be selfish and wish for a nice getaway all the time right? So it's time to go back to work, and my wish is to lets just finish my project. Time is running out and I still have quite a few to do. So yup, lets just finish my experiments. And I want to finish my report as well, and presentation. I want to give in all my best and make this the best presentation I've done, and report I've ever written. I can do this!

On the side note...

Going back last week, I know, was the right thing to do, and the right choice I made. Going back got me thinking. Thinking quite further and deeper, that the decision I've made was the right one. I guess I knew it long ago that one day, I have to make that decision. And that one day is here. And now I'm just waiting for me to carry out that decision. Which will come real soon.

Well. Time is time.

Dear life, give me strength and get me out of this sadness I've been having for the past 4 hours. I don't know why, may tomorrow shine bright and smile widely to me. And may I smile as wide as tomorrow too. Yup, as bright as the sun would shine on a fine summer's day.

Funny how today I became that boy who came to Singapore 10 years ago.
Today I'm sad because I understand.
While back then I was sad because I didn't

No comments: