Thursday 9 August 2012

Happy 47th Birthday Singapore!

 Photos I took at Holland V today
Happy Birthday Singapore!

First of all.... Wishing Singapore

A Happy 47th Birthday!

May you prosper and grow always! And become more beautiful hehe. Oh wow, it's been 10 years since I spent my life studying in this sunny island. 10 National Day Parades (though I missed the 2002 one cause I went back hah) and many memories. So yeah, thank you for the friendship forged, chances given and memories made.

You will always have a place in my heart as I grow old, no matter where I'll be in the future.

Today is national day so yes it's a holiday! I had a great 10 hours of sleep last night. Which hmm kinda ruined my plan for the day. I was planning to get up early, like 10 AM and clean up my room. And then do some stuff for the space presentation tomorrow, and then just spend the afternoon resting, and getting dinner, then watch NDP.

Of course the second two things happened as per planned haha. I woke up at 11:30 today. So well yes, whatever happened happened. So I woke up and made myself some guacamole! For lunch. Just had a craving for it like on Sunday but since my avocado hasn't ripened yet,  and it ripened today, so yes I just made it today. Really good for a first time, but not as good as the one I had in the US.

Then I moved on to cleaning up my room, which happened like only 70% of it. Damn, could have done more but procrastination get the better of me. And was settling some of the space stuff too so yep. And was craving for C.Jade fried rice last night (please don't ask me why the weird cravings) so I got it for today's dinner! Yummy.

And as usual, National Day's evening is spent at home watching National Day haha.

I kinda like this year's parade. Every parade there's something new so it's good. Love the marching segment as always cause it made me miss my TSMB days where we would march and do drills. And also I like the performance with the fire thingy! The explosion at the end was damn cool haha. NDP is always great, and at the same time it made me feel old too, that time flies.

It's been 10 years since I began my study journey here in Singapore. 2002 was the year, it began with me studying at NYU language centre cause I couldn't speak English fluently. Those were the days where I would go to Adelphi Building at City Hall for lessons. From 9 to 1 I think. With my Indonesian housemate Vesti. Me, a small 10 year old boy... It was just so.... Hahaha.

Then I entered Pei Tong Primary in 2003 as a P4 kid, took my PSLE and then moved into Tanglin Secondary School. The 4 years were really awesome, the O Level days, it was really fun. I think secondary school is the period where I grow the most I guess, as a young man. Leaving teenhood and then yup. Left Tanglin in 2009, and now I'm in my 3rd year in SP since 2010.

As I was typing those words above, That 2 paragraph is how my life went for the past 10 years, in a very very short summary. Feels like the speed of that 10 years is equal to the speed of me typing these two paragraphs. I can still remember some memories that would sometimes flashes in my mind. A train ride to city hall. A bus ride to Tanglin. A walk home after school in Pei Tong. Memories.

Oh well, I know that one day I would leave this sunny city. And well perhaps this will be the last time that I would watch NDP in the comfort of my room here in Singapore. I just hope that in the future I can come back for another National Day :) I hope to be one of the people in red watching the parade live. It's gonna be a dream come true for me.

Okay tonight will be a busy night with lots of things to prepare for space. So lets go! All the best to us tomorrow for the presentation at NTU. I hope we can bring back some good news. And even if we don't, I'm sure we will bring some good experience. Good night!

This is home, truly

No comments: