Sunday 26 August 2012

When I'm sad, I run

 This is my hometown

Happy Sunday everyone....! Right even though it's sort of ended now haha. Oh well still, happy Sunday and may you have a great week ahead! Today was a normal Sunday I guess. Oh, a rainy one too. I went to the temple as usual in the morning, and it was really cloudy in  Eunos. Then as I took the bus back it poured so heavily in town! Thankfully it got lighter when I arrived.

Then the sun shines again....

Anyway today at the Sunday Puja, a Bhante from Mangala Vihara (sorry I forgot his name :[ ) was talking to us, about human versus nature. How we humans are weaker than nature but with faith, we can overcome problems. Not in the context of like natural disasters and we overcome them, but more of how we grow back to recover. And also in the context of diseases.

I think he's very true. Come to think of it, we humans don't have the ability to just "throw away" our sickness the next day and get better. We can't just "get away" from a disaster and somehow get better totally the next day. We can't. But well our faith can. If we've the will to live, if we have the will to fight, we can go back to where we started, and get out from the condition.

The mind! Is everything. I think not only in Buddhist context, but generally, faith.

I fell asleep in the afternoon after the usual grocery shopping. I -almost- wanted to give my run a miss but hey I decided to still go for one cause I'm two weeks away to Safra 10K! Oh gosh, left with next Sunday for my last run before the race. But I can do this hehe. Today's run was longer and I somehow enjoy it, though I have not run since like two weeks ago too.

Somehow today after my run, as I was having my long walk to cool down... I was pondering about life. Everything that I went through during my walk, everything, was somehow related to life. I don't know how and why, but I just have that thoughts inside my head. Then as I ended my walk, I was just looking at the sky above me. This unexplainable sense of happiness and positivity rushed through me. Feels... Weirdly awesome. Somehow, the future played in my head. A bright future ahead.

I don't know why either, but it's good to dream, to visualise your goals right? And what's best is... They just play in my head. How, somehow, everything is going to happen.

Alright perhaps I can enlighten your more with my thoughts soon. I'll write them here. As for now I need to go to bed! Week 20 starts tomorrow! Ahwooh! Awesome week ahead (Y)

Free yourself

No comments: