Sunday 19 August 2012

Homed

 Just some photos I took two days ago :)

Hello everyone! I'm home! Heh. Well... Yeah home now, and I'm coming back tomorrow :( With my mum, sis, bro and his girlfriend though at least. I'll still be on leave till Wednesday that is. But yeah, I'm coming back to Singapore tomorrow. Sigh... Oh well at least I really enjoyed my four days spent here! I think 4 days is a perfect duration for a holiday. Especially home :)

Well yup sorry for not blogging for the past three days. I'll get so tired and sleepy at night that I ended up not blogging. I either fell asleep or yeah. But the past three days have been awesome. Really awesome. It's been 11 years really since I was last home for hari raya. Or we call it lebaran here. Well I'm not a Muslim and I don't celebrate hari raya but I just simple love the atmosphere of lebaran here in my hometown. Every year is it something we look forward to. Pretty good huh?

So yes, it's been 11 years, so it feels really good and fortunate to once again experience it. Things never fully change I suppose. The takbiran is still there. The rhythm of the bedug. The chattering of people. I guess this time round it feels kind of empty. Cause back when I experienced it the last time, my cousins were still here. My aunt, my grandma and yeah. So more lively I suppose. But it's okay, I got my siblings here. My family too, and it's great :) [Though the more the merrier]

The first day here was spent at my dad's garden and yup, so many things have change of wow! More beautiful that is. With my dad's factory being closed for hari raya, it feels pretty quiet here. The road however was quite jammed because perhaps people are rushing to prepare for hari raya. The last minute shopping and so on. And also people who are going back to their hometowns as well. That explain the jammed road.

In Hari Raya eve or the malam takbiran, that's when things get exciting haha. The takbiran, then sounds of the bedug, children, youths and people saying the takbir through the loudspeaker from the mosques (though I heard it's recording....) makes me feel, truly home. I really miss the atmosphere of the takbiran. And it feels good to experience it once again. And oh we also went for a barbecueing session in the evening too, just like the old times.

As for today, the streets were really empty. I guess people stayed at home or were going for house visits, that's why the roads were empty. But then it got lively again in the evening when people start to go out for shopping sessions and so on. I spent the evening at my dad's garden again too, which is really lovely cause the weather was so lovely and nice. Oh, and fireworks too!

Well... Yes, somehow going home was the right things, was the right choice to do. As I said, I don't know why but I just need to go home even though it was 4 months ago since I was last home, and usually I can not-go-back for like 6 months straight or so. Don't ask me why, I'm home now and I feel good. I know I made the right choice and yeah home is good. I really have to say that yes, 4 days is really a great duration for a holiday haha.

2 I call it the desperate holiday, 3 is the not too-long and 4 is nice :)

I'm coming back to Singapore tomorrow, though I'll only be back to work on Thursday. Thanks to the public holiday tomorrow! If not I really have to take a 4-day leave instead. With a limited number of leaves I have to plan my days properly. 3 were already taken out of my plan so yeah. I'll make full good use of it I suppose. I have to.

I'll be coming back home again in November for my brother's engagement teehee. So yeah dear home, I'll see you again in 2 months time I suppose. I can't wait for the December holidays. That's when I'll be done with ITP and FYP, a great 3-week holiday is all I need yeah? And I can't wait for January even more, AKA the new year. Cause I'm finally coming back as a student! Haha. Full time student that is. Though I'll also be sad that my poly life will soon come to an end.

Well whatever it is, I'm really recharged now from this break I took. Though it was short, I truly reckon that it was needed. I hope that when I'm back in the office, I'll be kicking again, ready to tackle the work I'll have. And also I will finish my project smoothly and I'll prepare for the last stretch of it. As Dr Simon said before I leave on Thursday, take a good break, come back and be ready to finish your project.

And of course, I, will, finish the project :)

Okay I guess that's all for now. Can't run away from the fact that I'm coming back tomorrow, and I'm starting work again on Thursday. And of course at the same time, I know that I have fully enjoyed myself here. Let's go for the last stretch, I'll end this meaningfully, beautifully. As my sister said to me, the last three months will be very fast. Must make the best out of everything!

Good night.

No comments: