Sunday 23 September 2012

I Love Pulau Ubin

 Memoirs of Ubin on 23/9/2012

Today was such a great Sunday!!! Oh gosh I'm so tired though, body aching but totally worth it and fun! Anyway yes today I spent the day at Pulau Ubin with my awesome and lovely DBS 1.5 2010 people! Hehe. Well mostly from the 02s haha only Zaki is from 01 haha. But nevermind, we're all together hehe. So I met Zaki at 9 at Tampines, and waited for the rest, and we reached Ubin at about... 1130! Started cycling after a few rounds of bargaining with the bicycle aunty haha.

As usual for an Ubin trip we went to cycle around the island of course. First we went to the west side of the island. To Ketam quarry, and also to attempt to go to Nordin Beach but the path was blocked by fallen trees so we couldn't go. Poor Bobby for falling down and hurt himself on his hands. I hope your wounds will heal ASAP! After the west exploration we went to Mamam beach for lunch.

It was my first time like cooking outdoor for a day-trip! Thank you Zaki for bringing the mesh-tins and the stoves and the solid fuel. It was the most delicious lunch ever. The lunch you cooked yourself! Though it's just a simple instant noodle, it's divine I tell you haha. And we spent a few hours at Mamam beach talking, chatting and as for me, chilling out while listening to music.

After 23 weeks, I finally get to just sit down by the beach and listen to music!

Anyway we rushed to Chek Jawa for a while to walk on the coastal walk. And then we just spent a short time to walk around there as the day was getting late and we had to return our bicycles, and to also make sure we leave the island on time. Though we didn't go back in our planned time of 6 PM hehe. Once we reached Singapore we went to Simpang Bedok for dinner (thanks to Beixi!) and we ate like we haven't eaten for 20 days.

Oh man such a lovely day in Ubin I must say! Though now I'm writing this with an aching body, and dreading work tomorrow for I surely know I'm going to be tired. And that tomorrow will be a long day too. But well nevertheless, I had such a great time, a great Sunday. And also a great weekend as well. Plus it's been such a long time since we gather together (I can't remember when!) and it was good really :)

Anyway well... Now I have to say, after like (this is my 4th) many visits to Ubin, I think Pulau Ubin is one of the loveliest place on earth! I love its nature, the smell of the trees and the leaves, the freshness of the forest and the aroma of the wood. Somehow cycling through Ubin reminds me of home. I don't know why, it reminds of my hometown.

I think Ubin as a place, that the more you visit, the more you'll fall in love with it!

Alright I think that's all for now. I should head to bed for tomorrow will be a long day, and hey it's WEEK 24!!! I can finally say 10 more weeks to go! Hehe. Soon it'll be single digits haha. And yup, here's to a too-fantastic week twenty-four, and also... The last week of September. See ya!

4 comments:

purpleskies said...

So cool that you guys had a good time at Ubin :) Have an awesome wk 24! Mine will be hectic cos my report submission is this friday D:

Adhi said...

THIS FRIDAY?!? So fast! OMG all the best Syaz! You can do this! Hehe. I'm still doing Lit Review. Gonna meet Dr Tan tomorrow too to discuss hehe. Whew quite a lot to do but I can do this! <3

purpleskies said...

Yeah hehe all the best to you too! Lit review and discussion were the tough parts of the report in my opinion :S

Adhi said...

Same same... Oh well ok at least now I'm beginning! Hehe. Yay can't wait to see you guys on Friday! ^^